All of us who wager on football games tend to take some time to research trends that might give us an edge when it comes time to start laying out some money. There are countless different things to look at when doing that research, but one of the more compelling numbers is always how teams historically perform against others. There are some match-ups where one team is particularly dominant against another, but you need to look at more than just that before you head online to start wagering, just as the NFL Week 10 odds demonstrate.
For example, the Green Bay Packers have totally dominated the Chicago Bears in recent years, but that dominance came when Aaron Rodgers was under center for the Packers. He looks to be done for the regular season, and backup QB Brett Hundley has not looked the part to this point.
The Bears have raised their game against the better teams they have played this season, and they may see this as their opportunity to get one over on the wounded Packers this Sunday. The Bears are a 5 ½ point favorite for this one, with the point total set at 38.
Green Bay at Chicago NFL Week 10 Odds, Preview & Expert Pick
“You continue to go to work.”
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) 9 de noviembre de 2017
- When: Sunday, November 12, 1 PM EST
- Where: Soldier Field. Chicago
- TV: FOX
- Radio: 620 AM (Green Bay) / 105.9 FM (Chicago)
- Live Stream: NFL Live
- NFL Week 10 Odds: Chicago Bears -5.5 (Over/Under at 38)
- All: Green Bay Packers 4-4 / Chicago Bears 3-5
- Home: Green Bay Packers 3-2 / Chicago Bears 2-2
- Away: Green Bay Packers 1-2 / Chicago Bears 1-3
- ATS: Green Bay Packers 3-5 / Chicago Bears 6-2
- Over/Under: Green Bay Packers 5-3 / Chicago Bears 2-6
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Green Bay Packers lead 8-2
- Score: Green Bay Packers 30.20 / Chicago Bears 19.00
- Rush Yards: Green Bay Packers 139.00 / Chicago Bears 122.20
- Pass Attempts: Green Bay Packers 33.60 / Chicago Bears 33.00
- Completion Percentage: Green Bay Packers 64.88 / Chicago Bears 58.48
- Passing Yards: Green Bay Packers 239.90 / Chicago Bears 220.00
- Total Yards: Green Bay Packers 378.9 / Chicago Bears 342.2
- Turnovers: Green Bay Packers 0.90 / Chicago Bears 1.90
Why consider the Packers NFL Week 10 Odds?
When Aaron Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone, there were a lot of folks who believed that the Packers would go in search of veteran help, but they chose to put all their faith in 24-year old backup Brett Hundley. It is a move that has backfired so far, and coach Mike McCarthy is now being asked some very tough questions about his decision to go this route. You do have to feel some level of sympathy for the Packers, as they looked like a potential Super Bowl winner last season before getting riddled with injuries.
It is now beginning to look like more of the same this season, as injuries are starting to pile up, sending the team into a tailspin that has seen them lose 3 straight, during which they only managed to put 44 points on the board. The Packers have won 7 of their last 8 games against Chicago, and are 11-3 ATS in their last 14 meetings with their division rivals. You feel, though, that they are going to need more than their recent 13 PPG average to get anything here.
- Average Score For: 22.62
- Total Yards: 310.12
- Rush Yards: 98.62
- Passing Yards: 211.50
- Average Score Against: 23.88
- Total Yards: 357.38
- Rush Yards: 118.00
- Passing Yards: 239.38
Why consider the Bears NFL Week 10 Odds?
It has been a strange kind of season for the Chicago Bears in 2017. The expectations for this team were not particularly high coming into the season, especially when you consider that they are in the middle of a rebuilding phase. Their 3 wins on the season already represent what most people thought they would be able to manage all year, and they are probably a little unlucky not to have a couple more under their belt.
The Bears have now handed the reins to rookie QB Mitch Trubisky, and while he has not been asked to do very much in terms of passing the football, he has led his team to 2 wins in their last 3 games. This is not a team that is going to score a lot of points, but they have done a good job at keeping their opponents off the board this season. Home has been particularly good to Chicago, as they are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games.
- Average Score For: 16.75
- Total Yards: 287.38
- Rush Yards: 129.88
- Passing Yards: 157.50
- Average Score Against: 21.38
- Total Yards: 312.00
- Rush Yards: 104.38
- Passing Yards: 207.62
Latest Betting Trends for NFL Week 10
- Packers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Packers are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Green Bay’s last 15 games
- Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games
- Bears are 6-19 SU in their last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago’s last 8 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This would ordinarily be a no-brainer pick, but with Aaron Rodgers out of the mix, things get a little trickier. I am leaning towards the Bears in this one, and I like them to win and cover. I also like the UNDER 38 points.
Score: Green Bay Packers 13 – Chicago Bears 19