On Wednesday night, the scorching Philadelphia Flyers head to D.C. to take on Metropolitan leading Washington. Because the Flyers are just 3 points behind the Caps, Wednesday night’s game means a ton for both teams. Will Philadelphia creep closer to the top spot in the division? Or, will the Capitals solidify their number-one position? Check out NHL odds, a preview, and a free pick for Flyers vs Capitals!
Flyers vs Capitals NHL Odds, Preview, and Pick
- When: Wednesday, March 4 at 7:00 pm ET
- Where: Capital One Arena, Washington, D.C.
- TV: NBCSN
- Moneyline Odds: Flyers +130 / Capitals -155 / Over/Under Odds: 6 ½
Why Philadelphia Flyers are a good bet to win +130
Philadelphia flies into Washington on a massive 6-match winning streak. The Flyers haven’t lost since Feb. 15 when Tampa beat them 5-3. Since then, they’ve dominated. How have they dominated? Of the 6 wins, 5 happened by 2 goals or more. Philly scored 4 goals in 3 of the wins. They scored 5 goals in the other 3 wins. On March 4, the Caps should find it hard to keep up.
- Goals For: 3.3
- Shots For: 31.5
- Power Plays: 20.7%
- Face-Offs: 54.6%
- Goals Against: 2.8
- Shots Against: 28.5
- Penalty Kills: 82.3%
- Shutouts: 2
Why Washington Capitals are a good bet to win -155
In mid-February, Washington struggled to win games. They’ve turned that around. The Caps are 3-1 SU in their last 4. They beat Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Minnesota. The lone loss happened to the Jets on the road. The Capitals home record is 18-9-3-2. That gives them an edge in this huge Wednesday match.
- Goals For: 3.4
- Shots For: 32.1
- Power Plays: 20%
- Face-Offs: 48.6%
- Goals Against: 3
- Shots Against: 30
- Penalty Kills: 83.9%
- Shutouts: 2
NHL Betting Trends for Philadelphia Flyers vs Washington Capitals
- Flyers are 6-0 in their last 6 overall
- Philadelphia is 5-0 in their last 5 games following a win
- Flyers are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 2 days rest
- Over is 9-1-1 in Flyers last 9 overall
- Washington is 1-4 in their last 5 versus the Metropolitan
- Capitals are 1-5 in their last 6 games following a win
- Washington is 1-5 in their last 6 versus the Eastern Conference
- Over is 6-1 in the Caps last 7 versus the Metropolitan
Flyers vs Capitals NHL Final Betting Analysis
Although Philadelphia has taken down win after win, the Washington Capitals remain the top team in the Metro. But that’s not the only reason to like Washington.
Sure, the Flyers are on a 6-match winning streak. Let’s not call them the next Stanley Cup winners just yet, though. During the streak, Philadelphia beat Columbus twice, the New York Rangers twice, Winnipeg, and San Jose. That’s not a who’s who of top hockey squads in the 2020 NHL Season.
Philadelphia did dominate Washington 7-2 in the last head-to-head. But the Caps are back to winning games. Expect Washington to show up on their home ice. Back the Capitals.
NHL Free Pick: Capitals -155