The red-hot Colorado Avalanche will look to extend their winning ways when they hit the road to take on a Detroit Red Wings team that has completely free-fallen in recent weeks. With these two teams heading in polar opposite directions, let’s find which one is offering the best value against their NHL Odds for the Avalanche vs Red Wings.
Avalanche vs Red Wings 2020 NHL Game Preview & Betting Odds
- When: Monday, March 2, 2020 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, MI
- TV: Alti, FSDT
- NHL Odds: Detroit +239/Colorado -270 / Total: 5.5
Why Bet On Colorado
The Avalanche have won six straight and come into this affair off a hard-fought 3-2 win over Nashville on Saturday. With 22 road wins, Colorado has been mostly stupendous away from their comfy confines. The Avs will look for their seventh straight road win against the lowly Red Wings.
“It’s good for all of us, we’re playing really well lately,” said goalie Pavel Francouz after he turned back 30 shots against the Predators. “We keep getting points, which is huge in the standings. We keep chasing St. Louis and I really hope we’ll be playing like this in the next game again.”
The 29-year-old Francouz has gone a blistering 8-1-1 in his last 10 appearances. Colorado averages 3.4 goals per game to rank third in scoring while limiting the opposition to just 2.7 goals per game defensively to rank fifth in goals allowed. The Avalanche have gone an impressive 22-9-1-1 on the road this season.
- Goals: 3.45
- Shots: 32.66
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.55
- Goals: 2.69
- Shots: 31.72
- PP/PK Percentage: 20
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
- Avalanche are 6-0 in their last 6 overall.
- Avalanche are 5-0 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Avalanche are 6-0 in their last 6 games as a road favorite.
- Avalanche are 8-0 in their last 8 road games.
- Avalanche are 10-1 in their last 11 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
Why Bet On Detroit
The Red Wings have lost five straight and nine of their last 10 games overall including a crushing 4-3 shootout loss against Ottawa on Saturday.
“We started well, 2-0. We just can’t find ways to take our foot off the gas like we did tonight,” front-liner Dylan Larkin told reporters afterward. “It starts with us staying out of the box; we didn’t do that tonight, myself included.”
Detroit averages a pitiful 2.0 goals per game while allowing a whopping 3.8 goals per game defensively to rank an identical 31st at both ends of the ice. The Red Wings are just 10-21-2 at home this season.
- Goals: 2.01
- Shots: 27.25
- PP/PK Percentage: 14.93
- Goals: 3.81
- Shots: 32.78
- PP/PK Percentage: 25.35
Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
- Red Wings are 17-36 in their last 53 games as a home underdog.
- Red Wings are 17-37 in their last 54 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Red Wings are 19-45 in their last 64 vs. Western Conference.
- Red Wings are 8-22 in their last 30 vs. Central.
- Red Wings are 13-41 in their last 54 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Red Wings are 12-50 in their last 62 games as an underdog.
Avalanche vs Red Wings Expert Analysis and Prediction
I won’t waste a whole lot of time beating around the bush with my pick on this matchup simply because it’s painfully clear that Detroit has absolutely no chance for the upset in this mismatch. Colorado has been elite at both ends of the ice while Detroit has conversely, been almost completely inept in goal scoring and goal-stopping.
The favorite in this series has gone a perfect 4-0 in the last 4 meetings while Colorado has won each of the last five meetings. With Detroit going a dismal 9-23 in their last 32 home games and Colorado going 7-1 in their last 8 games against a team with a losing record, the hand-writing is clearly on the wall. The Avalanche win and cover the NHL puck line with room to spare!
Pick: Colorado 5 Detroit 2