How to Bet Blues vs. Predators NHL Spread & Game Preview
The St. Louis Blues will look to keep pace with the suddenly ‘super hungry’ and NHL spread favorites Nashville Predators when they square off at the Bridgestone Arena on Tuesday night. Let’s find out if the Blues have what it takes to pull off the upset in the NHL betting lines or if the Predators can back their favoritism.
St. Louis at Nashville NHL Odds & Game Preview
— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) 13 de febrero de 2018
- When: Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 8:00 pm
- Where: Nashville, (Bridgestone Arena)
- TV: FS-Midwest, FS-Tennessee
- Radio: 1120 AM (St. Louis) / 104.5 FM (Nashville)
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Spread: Nashville Predators -1.5 (Over/Under at 5.5 goals)
- All: St. Louis Blues 34-21-3 / Nashville Predators 33-12-9
- Home: St. Louis Blues 19-12 / Nashville Predators 18-5-3
- Away: St. Louis Blues 15-9-3 / Nashville Predators 15-7-6
- ATS: St. Louis Blues 31-27 / Nashville Predators 27-27
- Over/Under: St. Louis Blues 23-35 / Nashville Predators 26-28
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Nashville Predators lead 7-3-0
- Score: St. Louis Blues 1.60 / Nashville Predators 2.40
- Shots: St. Louis Blues 27.60 / Nashville Predators 26.80
- Power Play Goals: St. Louis Blues 1 / Nashville Predators 7
- Number of Power Plays: St. Louis Blues 28 / Nashville Predators 34
- Power Play Percentage: St. Louis Blues 3.57 / Nashville Predators 20.59
- Penalty Kill Percentage: St. Louis Blues 79.41 / Nashville Predators 96.43
Why Bet the St. Louis Blues?
Why bet on St. Louis? Because they’re desperate! The Blues are coming off a 4-1 loss to Pittsburgh where Kyle Brodziak scored their lone goal in the second period. St. Louis appeared to take a 2-1 lead early in the third period, but Paul Statsny’s tip-in overturned by the Situation Room when they ruled he played it with a high stick.
“It wasn’t our worst game we played,” Blues captain Alex Pietrangelo said. “I thought we battled hard. It’s 1-1 until obviously the third and a couple of mistakes. You’ve got to find a way to win a hockey game. But if you look at the overall effort, it was there.”
- Goals: 2.88
- Shots: 33.33
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.48
- Goals: 2.53
- Shots: 30.21
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.39
Why Bet the Nashville Predators?
Why bet on Nashville? Because they’re playing their best hockey of the season. The Nashville Predators have won four of their last six games and come into this contest off a 3-2 shootout win over Montreal on Saturday.
Scott Harnell scored in the second period for a 1-0 lead with Kevin Fiala scoring in the third. Ryan Ellis scored the only goal in the shootout and Nashville received 47 saves from Pekka Rinne including 10 in overtime.
“He gave us an opportunity to leave the building with the points,” Nashville coach Peter Laviolette said. “We need to play a lot better in front of him … he was outstanding.”
“He was there all night long, making these post-to-post cross-ice saves,” Predators center Ryan Johansen said of Rinne after the win in Montreal. “He was phenomenal. Hats off to him tonight.”
- Goals: 3.13
- Shots: 31.56
- PP/PK Percentage: 22.99
- Goals: 2.59
- Shots: 32.30
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.26
Latest NHL Betting Trends
- Blues are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- Blues are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of St. Louis’s last 25 games
- Predators are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games
- Predators are 4-13 ATS in their last 17 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Nashville’s last 10 games at home
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Look, there’s no sense in beating around the bush. I like Nashville to get the big win at home, seeing as how the Blues are 0-7 in their last 7 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation and the Predators are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
St. Louis is 0-6 in the last 6 meetings in Nashville and 1-5 in the last 6 meetings overall. More importantly, Nashville is playing solid hockey right now and looking like the reigning Western Conference champs they are!
Pick: St. Louis Blues 2 – Nashville Predators 4