You have to go all the way back to 1998 to find the last time a team repeated as champion in the NHL. Certainly, the addition of a salary cap has made it harder for a single team to dominate and create a dynasty, but you also have to take into account the sheer physicality of the regular season and the playoffs combined. Few teams escape that gauntlet unscathed, with injuries and exhaustion almost always playing some role. With all of that in mind, it was always going to be tough for the Chicago Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup in back to back years, but it has become even tougher now, as they find themselves 3-1 down in their 7-game first round series against the St. Louis Blues. Every game now is an elimination game, and it all begins on Thursday night, when the Blues have a chance to eliminate the champions on home ice. This should be a pretty tense affair, and you can wager on it at our MyBookie.ag pro hockey betting odds page.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Maple Leafs vs Blues NHL Lines, Predictions & Pick
- Predators vs Stars NHL Betting Odds & Game Preview
- Lightning vs Blue Jackets NHL Betting Odds & Game Preview
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – February 18th Edition
- Rangers vs Sabres NHL Odds, Preview & Pick for Friday Night
- Stars vs Lightning NHL Spread & Betting Analysis
- Canadiens vs Predators NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Maple Leafs vs Golden Knights NHL Odds, Predictions & Pick
- Canucks vs Ducks NHL Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- Oilers vs Penguins NHL Week 20 Odds & Game Preview
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.