Tuukka Rask and the Boston Bruins will look to nab a big road win against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers when the two rivals square off in an intriguing mid-week matchup of Stanley Cup hopefuls on Wednesday night. With Boston looking to extend its modest winning streak and the Rangers look to snap their modest skid, let’s find out which teams is offering the best value against their NHL odds in our online sportsbook.
Bruins vs Rangers NHL Odds, Preview & Pick
“Danton Heinen, we’ve discussed his game, where it’s at. I think he helps us win games with his overall play.”📝 Wednesday’s Pregame Rundown from NYC: https://t.co/XV7LSu8cb1 — Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) 6 de febrero de 2019
- When: Wednesday, Feb 6, 2019 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
- TV: NBCSN
- Radio: Boston / New York
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Boston -150/NY Rangers +125 / Total: 6
Why Bet On Boston at -150?
Why should you consider betting on the Boston Bruins in this contest? Well, Boston is the statistically better team at both ends of the ice in ranking 22nd in scoring (2.8 gpg) and a stellar fourth in goals allowed (2.5 gpg). Then, there’s the fact that Boston has some momentum after winning two straight and three of their last four games overall including a 3-1 win over the Islanders on Tuesday night.
Patrice Bergeron led Boston to victory with a pair of goals while Peter Cehlarik also lit the lamp in the win. Brad Marchand added two assists and Tuukka Rask made 28 saves to get the win. Last but not least, another good reasons to back the Bruins is because Boston has a wining road record (11-10-4) coming into this contest.
NHL Betting Trends
- Bruins are 6-1 in their last 7 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Bruins are 4-1 in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Bruins are 4-1 in their last 5 road games.
- Bruins are 10-3 in their last 13 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200.
- Bruins are 51-18 in their last 69 games as a favorite of -201 or greater.
- Bruins are 25-10 in their last 35 games as a favorite of -151 to -200.
- Bruins are 7-3 in their last 10 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Goals: 2.87
- Shots: 33.09
- PP/PK Percentage: 26.79
- Goals: 2.57
- Shots: 30.47
- PP/PK Percentage: 20.39
Why Bet On the NY Rangers at +125?
Why should you consider betting on the New York Rangers in this mid-week matchup? The best reason to back the Rangers would be because they’ve gone a solid 13-8-6 at home this season. Another good reason to back New York is the fact that the Rangers should be highly motivated after dropping their last two games and three of four overall.
New York comes into this affair off a hard-fought 4-3 overtime loss against Los Angeles on Monday. Chris Kreider, Mika Zibanejad and Adam McQuaid all scored for the Rangers, but Henrik Lundqvist gave up four goals on 30 shots to take the loss.
NHL Betting Trends
- Rangers are 25-54 in their last 79 games as an underdog.
- Rangers are 16-35 in their last 51 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Rangers are 15-36 in their last 51 games as an underdog of +110 to +150.
- Rangers are 15-36 in their last 51 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Rangers are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. Atlantic.
- Rangers are 2-5 in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Rangers are 2-7 in their last 9 home games.
- Goals: 2.85
- Shots: 28.23
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.09
- Goals: 3.37
- Shots: 32.56
- PP/PK Percentage: 22.99
Expert NHL Betting Analysis and Prediction for Bruins vs Rangers
The Boston Bruins might not own an explosive offense, but they’re so good at the other end of the ice that they can beat most opponents by simply shutting them down. On the flip side of the coin, the New York rangers are the definition of ‘mediocre’ in ranking 27th in scoring (2.8 gpg) and an equally disturbing 26th in points allowed (3.3 gpg).
The Bruins have gone 6-1 in their last 7 games playing on 0 days rest, a bankroll-boosting 10-3 in their last 13 games as a road favorite of -151 to -200 and 4-1 in their last 5 road games. Conversely, New York has gone an uninspiring 2-7 in their last nine home games and 1-8 in their last nine games as a home underdog.
Yes, I know Boston has gone 1-8 in the last 9 meetings against the Rangers and an uninspiring 8-20 in the last 28 road dates against the rangers, but right now, Boston is clearly the better team in this affair and I expect them to hold get the big road win because of it.
NHL Betting Pick: Boston 3 NY Rangers 2