David Pastrňák and the Boston Bruins will look to take care of business at home in order to get past the Montreal Canadiens when the two longtime Eastern Conference rivals square off in their mid-week matchup on Wednesday night. Now, with both teams looking to get back in the win column after having their respective winning streaks snapped the last time out, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds.
Canadiens vs Bruins 2020 NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- When: Wednesday February 12, 2020 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
- Radio: Montreal / Boston
- TV: NBCSN, Sportsnet, Sportsnet 360, RDS
- NHL Odds: Montreal +175/Boston -210 / Total: 5.5
Why Bet On Montreal
The Canadians had their three-game winning streak snapped in their narrow 3-2 loss against the Arizona Coyotes on Monday night. Montreal got first period goals from Jake Evans and Brendan Gallagher, but it wasn’t enough to get the win as goalie Carey Price stopped 31 of 34 shot attempts. Currently in fifth place in the Atlantic Division, the Canadiens average 3.0 goals per game (17th) while allowing an identical 3.0 goals per game defensively (13th). The Canadiens are a solid 14-9-2-1 on the road this season.
- Goals: 3.09
- Shots: 34.45
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.75
- Goals: 3.03
- Shots: 31.34
- PP/PK Percentage: 20.45
Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
- Canadiens are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. Atlantic.
- Canadiens are 5-1 in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canadiens are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canadiens are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Canadiens are 6-15 in their last 21 Wednesday games.
Why Bet On Boston
The Bruins have the highest point total in hockey but they were on the wrong end of a humbling 3-1 loss against the lowly Detroit Red Wings on Sunday night that snapped a six-game winning streak.
“Obviously we’ve had a good streak here,” forward Jake DeBrusk said. “Didn’t like our last game against Detroit, but we’re moving on to Montreal — a pretty emotional game for both sides, so it should be lots of fun, understanding that teams are coming for us.”
Boston’s long goal came off the stick of Torey Krug, but it wasn’t enough to get past Detroit as goalie Tukka Rask turned back 17 of 19 shot attempts. The good news is that the Bruins rank a stellar sixth in scoring (3.3 gpg) while also ranking a stupendous first in goals allowed (2.4 gpg). Boston has gone 19-2-4-5 at home this season.
- Goals: 3.3
- Shots: 31.96
- PP/PK Percentage: 26.32
- Goals: 2.51
- Shots: 30.39
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.18
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
- Bruins are 6-1 in their last 7 overall.
- Bruins are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Bruins are 8-3 in their last 11 vs. Atlantic.
- Bruins are 39-15 in their last 54 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Bruins are 77-37 in their last 114 home games.
- Bruins are 57-28 in their last 85 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
Canadiens vs Bruins Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Boston got man-handled against Detroit in their last contest, I’m fully expecting the Bruins to bounce back with a fantastic effort in this matchup. Boston has won two of three this season against the Canadiens this season and the Bruins are a perfect 5-0 in their last 5 games as a home favorite and a near-perfect 7-1 in their last 8 games as a favorite.
While Montreal has been impressive in going 4-0 in their last 4 road games and 5-2 in their last 7 games overall, the Canadiens are just 3-10 in the last 13 meetings against the Bruins and they’re facing Boston at a bad time right now. I’m fully expecting the league-leading bruins to come out with one of their best efforts of the season and you should too.
Pick: Boston 4 Montreal 2