The Toronto Maple Leafs will look to take care of business at home in order to get back in the win column when they host the Anaheim Ducks in a Friday night pairing of Stanley Cup longshots. With the Ducks looking to find some consistency and the Leafs looking to extend their winning ways against Anaheim, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL betting odds.
Anaheim at Toronto – NHL Spread, Analysis and Predictions
#NHL Power Rankings: Pre-Season Edition! (1/3) 1. Tampa Bay Lightning 2. Winnipeg Jets 3. Washington Capitals 4. San Jose Sharks 5. Nashville Predators 6. Boston Bruins 7. Toronto Maple Leafs 8. Pittsburgh Penguins 9. Vegas Golden Knights 10. St. Louis Blues— NHL Power Rankings (@NHLPowerRanking) October 2, 2018
- Who: Anaheim Ducks (22-26-5-1) at Toronto Maple Leafs (28-19-3-4)
- When: Friday February 7, 2020, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, ON
- TV: Prime Ticket, Sportsnet Ontario
- Radio: Maple Leafs | Ducks
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Maple Leafs -1½ (Total:6½)
Why Bet on the Anaheim?
The best reason to back Anaheim is because Toronto has been awful defensively this season in allowing 3.3 gals per game (26th). In addition to that, the Ducks have won two of three and they should be highly motivated after suffering a crushing 3-2 overtime loss against Montreal on Thursday.
Jakob Silfverberg snapped an eight-game drought without a goal while Derek Grant matched a career high with his 12th goal of the season. The Ducks are currently in 7th place in the Pacific Division and need to pick up as many wins as possible in order to reach the postseason. Anaheim averages 2.5 goals per game to rank a dismal 29th in scoring while allowing 3.1 goals per game defensively (19th). The Ducks have gone 10-16-2-1 on the road this season.
Anaheim Ducks 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- Anaheim are 3-12 SU in their last 15 games against Toronto.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Anaheim’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Toronto.
- Anaheim are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Anaheim are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- Goals: 2.57
- Shots: 29.87
- PP/PK Percentage: 13.99
- Goals: 3.07
- Shots: 31.50
- PP/PK Percentage: 22.42
Why Bet on the Toronto?The Leafs have dropped two straight after winning their previous three and come into this contest off a humbling 5-3 loss against the Rangers on Wednesday. Toronto got a pair of goals from Auston Matthews and another from John Tavares, but the Maple Leafs gave up five goals for the second straight game as goalie Michael Hutchinson took the loss in net by giving up four goals on 34 shots against New York. On Wednesday, Toronto acquired backup net-minder Jack Campbell from Los Angeles with Hutchinson struggling mightily in five periods since No. 1 goalie Frederik Andersen was injured in Monday’s 5-3 loss to Florida. Toronto averages 3.6 goals per game to rank a stellar fourth in scoring while allowing 3.3 goals per game defensively (26th). The Leafs have gone 13-7-3-4 at home this season.
Toronto Maple Leafs 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto’s last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto’s last 7 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games when playing at home against Anaheim.
- Toronto are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- Toronto are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Goals: 3.59
- Shots: 33.57
- PP/PK Percentage: 24.83
- Goals: 3.35
- Shots: 32.35
- PP/PK Percentage: 22.52
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Toronto might be awful defensively, but the Maple Leafs can light up the scoreboard with the best teams in the league and they are the far more explosive team in this matchup. Toronto has won four straight meetings against Anaheim by a combined score of 18-7 while going 6-1 in their last seven home dates against the Ducks overall. The Ducks are 17-37 in their last 54 road games while the Leafs have gone 24-9 in their last 33 games against teams from the Pacific division. With the favorite in this series going a perfect 5-0 in the last 5 meetings, I say keep it simple and back the Leafs to win this one by two goals at the very least.
Pick: Toronto 5 – Anaheim 3