The Vegas Golden Knights were as hot as any team in NHL leading up to the all-star break. Since the all-star break, though, things have gone south for the Knights. Do they have what it takes to upset the best team in hockey on Tuesday night? Or, will the Tampa Bay Lightning put a beating on the team from Sin City?
Golden Knights vs Lightning NHL Spread & Betting Pick
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 7:30 pm ET
- Where: Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL
- Radio: Vegas / Tampa Bay
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Tampa Bay -170
- Over/Under Total Odds: 6.5
Why Vegas Golden Knights are a good bet +145?
On the surface, Vegas doesn’t appear to have much chance to hang with Tampa Bay. The Golden Knights are 0-5 in their last 5. They’re 1-5 in their last 6. Losses to Carolina, Minnesota, and Florida says Vegas is playing bad hockey.
However, the lone victory in their last 6 was on the road versus Eastern Conference power Pittsburgh. Vegas dominated the Pens 7-3. If the Golden Knights can get their shots going early, they can upset the Lightning just like they upset the Penguins.
- Goals For: 2.9
- Shots For: 33.5
- Power Plays: 18.2%
- Face-Offs: 49.7%
- Goals Against: 2.7
- Shots Against: 28.4
- Penalty Kills: 84.2%
- Shutouts: 6
Why Tampa Bay Lightning are a good bet -170?
The best team in hockey is 20-5-0-0 at home. The Lightning have started right where they left off in the second half of the season, beating overmatched NHL squads. Tampa Bay has gone 3-1 in their last 4.
Some of their more impressive wins was a 6-3 beat down they put onto San Jose and a 3-2 victory over the Rangers in Madison Square Garden. Vegas is a good hockey team, but they should be no match for the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tampa’s home ice.
- Goals For: 3.9
- Shots For: 32.8
- Power Plays: 29.4%
- Face-Offs: 50.5%
- Goals Against: 2.8
- Shots Against: 32.2
- Penalty Kills: 84%
- Shutouts: 4
NHL Betting Trends for Golden Knights vs Lightning
- Vegas is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- Vegas is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Knights are 6-1 in their last 7 games playing on 2 days rest
- Knights are 1-4 in their last 5 versus a team with a winning record
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 20-5 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games
- Lightning are 6-1 in their last 7 versus the Pacific
- Lightning are 53-11 in their last 64 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous
Golden Knights at Tampa Bay Lightning Final Analysis
The Lightning dominate because they’re equally talented on offense and defense. Tampa ranks in the Top 10 in 3 offensive categories: goals per, shots per, and power play percentage. They rank first in goals per with 3.9 and first in power play percentage. The Lightning convert 29.4% of their power plays.
They also dominate in power play defense. Tampa’s focused this season while Vegas has been on a roller coaster. The Golden Knights should eventually get back on the winning track, but it won’t be against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday.
NHL Betting Pick: Tampa Bay Lightning -170