As we enter the late stage of the season, the question that needs to be asked is about which teams are up for the playoff fight and which are ready to fold. Hockey is a sport that is always intense and fun to watch, but the intensity gets ramped up a notch once we get into the second half of the season and edge ever closer to the playoffs. You need only look at the current standings to see that very little is set in stone. While there are a small number of teams who look like a lock to be in the postseason, there are many more whose fates are hanging in the balance.
The Vegas Golden Knights are a team in need of a lift, as they are struggling their way through an extended road tip. They will be in Florida tonight to go up against a Panthers team that has just returned home after a long trip of their own. The edge would seem to be with the Florida Panthers, but the NHL betting odds put them as a +1½ goal underdog. The goal total for this one is set at 6 ½.
How to Bet Golden Knights vs Panthers NHL Hockey Odds & TV Info
Magpie Score Monday— Magpie Score (@MagpieScore) February 3, 2020
1 Islanders 85.14
2 Penguins 77.65
3 Blue Jackets 72.60
4 Golden Knights 70.51
5 Canadiens 70.39
6 Blackhawks 69.50
7 Bruins 68.20
8 Oilers 67.59
9 Stars 67.54
10 Senators 65.29
- When: Thursday, February 6 at 7 PM EST
- Where: BB&T Center, Sunrise, Florida
- TV: NHL Center Ice, RSNE
- NHL Odds: Lightning -1½ (Total:6½)
Why Bet on the Vegas Golden Knights?
When Vegas take the ice in Sunrise, they will be skating in their 8th straight game away from home. They have gone 3-3-1 through the opening 7 games of this road trip, with their last game being a 4-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning. While they would have certainly hoped for better, going .500 through such a long stretch of games away from home is not all bad. Overall this season, Tampa has posted a 13-11-4 record on the road. They are in a rough patch of form at the moment, though, going just 3 6-1 through their last 10 games overall. Vegas are currently in the #3 spot in the Pacific Division, 4 points out of first, so it’s not all bad. The downside here is that they are just 2-6 SU in their last 8 games versus teams from the East.
Vegas Golden Knights 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- Vegas are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games.
- Vegas are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Vegas are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Atlantic division.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Vegas’ last 5 games played on a Thursday.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Vegas’ last 6 games when playing as the underdog.
- Goals: 3.09
- Shots: 34.15
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 21.19
- Goals: 3.02
- Shots: 30.18
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 20.11
Why Bet on the Florida Panthers?
The Florida Panthers will be back in their own building tonight and feeling very good about the road trip they just completed. Through their 6-game run away from home, the Panthers posted a very respectable 4-1-1 record, which has helped them get to 7-2-1 in their last 10 games overall. Their recent run of good form has heled the Panthers move into 3rd in the Atlantic Division, although well adrift of the two teams sitting ahead of them. The Panthers will look to maintain their playoff position with a win at home, where they are 16-8-2 this season. Florida has only ever played the Golden Knights 4 times, but there is a definite trend to be found in those meetings, with 3 of the 4 games going OVER the goal total.
Florida Panthers 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Florida’s last 10 games.
- Florida are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Florida’s last 8 games at home.
- Florida are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games this season.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Florida’s last 6 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- Florida are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Goals: 3.62
- Shots: 32.87
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 23.21
- Goals: 3.29
- Shots: 32.44
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 22.22
Golden Knights vs Panthers Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Florida are coming off a nice road trip and should be excited to be back on home ice. They are getting a tired looking Vegas team at just the right time, which is why I believe that the Panthers win this one as the underdog.
Vegas Golden Knights 3 – Florida Panthers 4