On Thursday, Dec. 12, the Carolina Hurricanes travel to Rogers Arena in Vancouver, British Columbia to battle the Vancouver Canucks. The Hurricanes hope to hold their position as a top team in the Metro Division. Will the Pacific Division Canucks upset Carolina as a slight home dog? Or, will the Hurricanes march into Rogers Arena and blow past Vancouver? Keep reading for NHL odds, a preview and a free pick for Hurricanes vs Canucks!
Hurricanes vs Canucks 2019 NHL Week 11 Lines & Game Analysis
- When: Thursday, Dec. 12 at 10:00 pm ET
- Where: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, CA
- TV: ESPN+
- Radio: Hurricanes / Canucks
- Live Stream: ESPN+
- Moneyline Odds: Hurricanes -120, Canucks +100
- Over/Under Odds: 6
Why the Carolina Hurricanes are a good bet to win -120?
Carolina dominated Vancouver 5-2 in the last head-to-head matchup. The Hurricanes outshot the Canucks 34-26. They especially dominated in both the first and third periods. Vancouver got off 4 goals in the first period and 7 goals in the third. Although that match happened this past January, these 2 squads didn’t change enough during the offseason for the Canucks to overtake the Hurricanes.
- Goals For: 3.2
- Shots For: 33.4
- Power Plays: 21.5%
- Face-Offs: 49.6%
- Goals Against: 2.7
- Shots Against: 28.7
- Penalty Kills: 85.6%
- Shutouts: 2
Why the Vancouver Canucks are a good bet to win +100?
Vancouver is on a decent run. The Canucks are 3-2 SU in their last 5. Both losses happened on the road against Western Conference powers Nashville and St. Louis. Before the back-to-back losses, the Canucks won 3 in a row at home. Now back on their own ice this Dec. 12, Vancouver should give Carolina all it can handle.
- Goals For: 3.3
- Shots For: 32.0
- Power Plays: 26.3%
- Face-Offs: 52.2%
- Goals Against: 3.0
- Shots Against: 31.7
- Penalty Kills: 81.4%
- Shutouts: 2
NHL Betting Trends for Carolina Hurricanes vs Vancouver Canucks
- Hurricanes are 4-1 in their last 5
- Carolina is 6-2 in their last 8 road games
- Over is 4-0 in Carolina’s last 4 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game
- Under is 7-2 in Hurricanes last 9 overall
- Hurricanes are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings
- Vancouver is 11-23 in their last 34 games after a home loss of 3 goals or more
- Over is 4-0 in Vancouver’s last 4 Thursday games
- Over is 5-1 in Canucks’ last 6 after they scored 2 or more goals in their previous game
Hurricanes vs Canucks NHL Betting Analysis
The Canucks are up against it in this matchup. Even though these two haven’t played since this past January, Vancouver is 7-4-2-1 at home. If you count the overtime losses and shootout loss the Canucks are .500 at home.
Not only that, but the Hurricanes have won 3 straight. Carolina is on fire. The Hurricanes beat San Jose 3-2 in a shootout, 6-2 at home against Minnesota, and 6-3 on the road against Edmonton. The victory versus Edmonton happened on Dec. 10. The flight from Edmonton to Vancouver is an hour and 30 minutes. Expect the Hurricanes to benefit from the day of rest. Back Carolina.
NHL Free Pick: Hurricanes -120