Both the Carolina Hurricanes and Arizona Coyotes are battling for a playoff spot in their respective conferences as the Hurricanes make their only visit of the season to the desert on Thursday. The Coyotes are short underdogs on the NHL betting odds.
How to Bet Hurricanes at Coyotes NHL Hockey Odds & TV Info
Here’s the official “Its OK For These Teams to Win the Cup” power rankings:1. Carolina Hurricanes2. San Jose Sharks3. Columbus Blue Jackets4. Colorado Avalanche5. St. Louis Blues6. Dallas Stars7. New York Islanders—————————————————8. Boston Bruins— Sam Stern (@SternScouting) April 25, 2019
- When: Thursday, 9 PM ET
- Where: Gila River Arena
- TV: NHL Center Ice
- NHL Odds: Hurricanes -1½ (Total: 5½)
Carolina leads 1-0, winning 3-0 at home on Jan. 10. Petr Mrazek stopped 32 shots and the Carolina Hurricanes scored twice in 63 seconds late in the second period. Warren Foegele scored Carolina’s first goal, and Lucas Wallmark and Martin Necas scored just over a minute apart. Arizona was 0 for 3 on the power play. Coyotes netminder Antti Raanta made 25 saves on 28 shots through two periods, and Adin Hill faced just one shot in the third period.
Why Bet on Carolina?
Carolina was a 6-3 loser in St. Louis on Tuesday. Brayden Schenn had two goals and an assist, and Zach Sanford scored twice for the Blues, who improved to 10-0-1 in their last 11 games at home. Jordan Binnington stopped 25 shots, and Colton Parayko and Sammy Blais also scored. The Hurricanes fell to 0-5-0 over their last five games away from home.
Sebastian Aho, Brock McGinn and Martin Necas scored for the Hurricanes. Aho registered his 27th goal of the season. Winger Jordan Martinook suffered an upper-body injury in the game and didn’t return.
Carolina’s Petr Mrazek looked rusty in just his third start since Jan. 13, allowing six goals on 26 shots. Mrazek slipped to just 18-14-2 with a 2.73 goals-against average and .900 save percentage in his 34 appearances this season. He has been struggling lately, winning just once in the past five outings, and twice in the previous eight starts in the New Year.
Head coach Rod Brind’Amour likely will turn to James Reimer for the start in Arizona on Thursday. Reimer blocked 32 of 35 shots in a 4-3 shootout win over Vancouver last Sunday. Reimer also stopped two of three shots in the shootout. He has posted a 10-2-1 record in his past 14 starts and he has gone 4-0-1 record his last five outings. Reimer has a mark of 12-6-1 on the season.
Carolina Hurricanes 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Carolina’s last 10 games.
- Carolina are 9-3 SU in their last 12 games against Arizona.
- Carolina are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Carolina’s last 12 games this season.
- Carolina are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against Arizona.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Carolina’s last 7 games against an opponent in the Pacific division.
- Goals: 3.19
- Shots: 33.17
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 21.60
- Goals: 2.74
- Shots: 28.96
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 17.11
Why Bet on Arizona?
Arizona snapped a five-game skid with a 3-0 home win over Edmonton on Tuesday. Arizona was without two of its top defensemen, Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Jason Demers, due to lower-body injuries. The Coyotes made up for the losses by preventing rushes with tight checking and by pushing the high-scoring Oilers to the perimeter.
Antti Raanta turned aside all 30 shots he faced. Raanta registered his second shutout of the season, his fifth as a member of the Coyotes and the 13th of his NHL career. He has really picked up the pace in two February starts, improving to 10-11-3 with a 2.80 goals-against average and .917 save percentage across his 24 starts and 25 appearances.
Lawson Crouse posted a shorthanded goal with an assist in Tuesday’s win. Crouse finished with a plus-2 rating, two shots on goal and a blocked shot in his 13:47 of ice time across 18 shifts. Crouse has posted six goals and nine points in 13 games in the New Year. Crouse already has a career-best 13 goals and he is on pace for 20 goals and a career-high 32 points.
The Coyotes failed to get a power-play goal yet again, which has been an issue lately, but their penalty kill did make four big stops. Entering the game, the Coyotes were 0-3-2 in their last five games and had only one win in the last nine.Thursday will be Phil Kessel’s 830th consecutive game played which would tie Andrew Cogliano for the sixth-longest consecutive games played streak in NHL history.
Arizona Coyotes 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games.
- Arizona are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games.
- Arizona are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Arizona’s last 16 games at home.
- Arizona are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games when playing at home against Carolina.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- Goals: 2.82
- Shots: 31.13
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 19.05
- Goals: 2.69
- Shots: 32.15
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 17.53
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction for Hurricanes vs Coyotes
Arizona 3 – Carolina 2