Dallas Stars captain has received high praise indeed from the media as well as NHL betting fans, as some are comparing him to Eric Lindros (in his prime, not when he was the constant sufferer of concussions). His combination of skill, ability to rush the net and outright physicality is rare in the current NHL. Just ask Jeff Petry — Benn unloaded on him with a big hit on Saturday when the Stars were busy routing the Montreal Canadiens. Benn’s blow turned the puck over, leading to a Tyler Seguin goal before Petry was back up and skating. Benn, 26, is the top goal scorer in the NHL (22 goals in 34 games). Benn won a gold medal with Team Canada back in 2014 and since then has scored 157 points in 132 games, 19 ahead of Tyler Seguin on his team. The Stars actually found Benn on Victoria of the BCHL way back in 2006-07, the same year Lindros was playing his last season — in Dallas. They took Benn in the fifth round of the draft, unaware of what Benn would develop to be. Dallas is atop the NHL standings right now — but be wary when they are playing teams near the bottom of the standings. All of their losses this year have come against teams who are currently out of the playoff positions.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Maple Leafs vs Blues NHL Lines, Predictions & Pick
- Predators vs Stars NHL Betting Odds & Game Preview
- Lightning vs Blue Jackets NHL Betting Odds & Game Preview
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – February 18th Edition
- Rangers vs Sabres NHL Odds, Preview & Pick for Friday Night
- Stars vs Lightning NHL Spread & Betting Analysis
- Canadiens vs Predators NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Maple Leafs vs Golden Knights NHL Odds, Predictions & Pick
- Canucks vs Ducks NHL Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- Oilers vs Penguins NHL Week 20 Odds & Game Preview
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.