The desperate New York Rangers will look to take another step toward reaching the postseason when they hit the road to take on the banged-up Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday night. With New York completely desperate and Colorado looking to get healthier before the start of the postseason, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds for the Rangers vs Avalanche.
Rangers vs Avalanche 2020 NHL Game Preview & Betting Odds
- When: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Pepsi Center
- TV: MSG Plus, Altitude
- NHL Odds: Colorado -200/ NY Rangers +165 / Total: 6
BACK AGAIN. pic.twitter.com/5cKkag2Uv5— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) March 11, 2020
Why Bet On New York at +165
The best reasons to back the Rangers are because they are completely desperate to reach the playoffs as they sit in 10th place in the Eastern Conference, three points behind Columbus for the eight and final spot in the postseason. The Rangers have won two of their last three including a huge, 4-2 win over Dallas on Tuesday night.
Kaapo Kakko lit the lamp twice in the win while Adam Fox and Mika Zibanejad each had a goal and an assist. The red-hot Zibanejad became the first player in franchise history to record 40 goals in 56 or fewer games and has 10 in his last five contests. The Rangers have gone an impressive 18-12-1-1- on the road this season.
- Goals For: 3.3
- Shots For: 31.1
- Power Plays: 23.5
- Face-Offs: 46.5
- Goals Against: 3.2
- Shots Against: 34.1
- Penalty Kills: 9
- Shutouts: 0
NY Rangers NHL Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Rangers’ last 8 games.
- NY Rangers are 11-5 SU in their last 16 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Rangers’ last 6 games on the road.
- NY Rangers are 4-9 SU in their last 13 games when playing on the road against Colorado.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of NY Rangers’ last 11 games this season.
- NY Rangers are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
Why Bet On Colorado at -200
The Avalanche are the better statistical team at both ends of the ice and they are playing at home in this matchup. The bad news is that the Avalanche have been beset by injuries in recent weeks and suffered another costly loss in their 3-1 loss against Los Angeles on Monday night as they saw The Hart Trophy contender Nathan MacKinnon suffer a lower-body injury that could him to miss his first game of the season on Wednesday.
“He leaves the game, I’m concerned right away. I have no idea (of the severity). I know he wasn’t good enough to come back in the game tonight. So, yeah, there’s some concern, coach Jared Bednar said afterward”
Despite their injuries to forwards Mikko Rantanen, Nazem Kadri, Andre Burakovsky and Matt Calvert as well as Calder Trophy candidate Cale Makar and No. 1 goaltender Philipp Grubauer, Colorado sits two points behind first-place St. Louis in the Central Division and eight points clear of third-place Dallas.
- Goals For: 3.4
- Shots For: 32.5
- Power Plays: 18.7
- Face-Offs: 49.7
- Goals Against: 2.7
- Shots Against: 31.3
- Penalty Kills: 80.9
- Shutouts: 2
Colorado Avalanche NHL Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Colorado’s last 18 games.
- Colorado are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado’s last 7 games against NY Rangers.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado’s last 7 games at home.
- Colorado are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games when playing at home against NY Rangers.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Colorado’s last 10 games this season.
- Colorado are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
Rangers vs Avalanche Expert Analysis and Prediction
While the home team in this series has gone a perfect 4-0 in the last 4 meetings, New York is playing better hockey over the last 10 days and Colorado is most definitely going to feel the loss of Nathan MacKinnon in this affair. The Rangers have been surprisingly solid on the road this season and they’ve got the big edge in momentum. Despite the fact that they played on Tuesday night, I like the Rangers to get the big road upset because of their dangerous offense, combined with a bunch of desperation.
Pick: NY Rangers 3 Colorado 2