A fantastic matchup takes place at Bell MTS Place on Tuesday, Feb. 5 when the tough San Jose Sharks head to Winnipeg to battle the Jets. Both teams believe they have what it takes to win the Stanley Cup this season. Will San Jose pull off the away upset or will the Winnipeg Jets skate home with the win?
San Jose Sharks at Winnipeg Jets 2019 NHL Hockey Odds
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 8:00 pm ET
- Where: Bell MTS Place, Winnipeg, MB, CA
- TV: NSCA / TSN3
- Radio: San Jose / Winnipeg
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- Moneyline Odds: Winnipeg -129
- Over/Under Total Odds: Off
Why San Jose Sharks are a good bet +108?
San Jose has a .500 12-12-2-1 road record this season. The Sharks boast one of the top offenses in all of hockey.
SJ averages 3.6 goals per, ranking 3rd. They take 34.5 shots per match. That ranks 2nd. They convert 24.4% of their power plays. That ranks 7th. With such a blistering offense, San Jose should keep pace with Winnipeg. They’ve got a big chance of upsetting the Jets on Feb. 5.
- Goals For: 3.6
- Shots For: 34.5
- Power Plays: 24.4%
- Face-Offs: 50.7%
- Goals Against: 3.1
- Shots Against: 28.6
- Penalty Kills: 81.9%
- Shutouts: 3
Why Winnipeg Jets are a good bet -129?
Winnipeg lost their last couple of games in January. Since then, they’ve really turned it on. The Jets take a 3 match winning streak into their battle with the Sharks on Tuesday night.
Winnipeg beat Boston 4-3 on the road in a shootout. Then, they took down Columbus 4-3 at home. In their last, they demolished Anaheim in a 9-3 blowout victory. Winnipeg looks to be hitting their stride at the right time. They’ll be tough to beat on Tuesday night.
- Goals For: 3.5
- Shots For: 31.8
- Power Plays: 27.6%
- Face-Offs: 50.2%
- Goals Against: 2.8
- Shots Against: 32.7
- Penalty Kills: 81%
- Shutouts: 1
NHL Betting Trends for Sharks vs Jets
- San Jose is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Jose is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Jose’s last 6 games
- Sharks are 7-1 in their last 8 games following a win
- Sharks are 9-3 in their last 12 overall
- Winnipeg is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games
- Winnipeg is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games at home
- Jets are 9-2 in their last 11 games playing on 2 days of rest
Sharks vs Jets Final NHL Betting Analysis
The Sharks are an excellent hockey team. San Jose’s .500 record in away games means they play just as hard on the road as they do at home. When it comes to their record versus Winnipeg, they’ve been terrific, going 7-3 in the last 10 matches in Winnipeg.
But the Jets have also played great hockey. Winnipeg feels it’s good enough to win the Western Conference. The Jets are an excellent 20-6-1-1 at home. They should come out firing and beat the Sharks 5-3 in the last matchup. Winnipeg gets the nod.
NHL Betting Pick: Winnipeg Jets -129