The San Jose Sharks and Winnipeg Jets will both be looking to get back in the win column following losses in their last respective contests. Now, with the Jets sitting one spot out of eighth place in the race for a postseason berth in the Western Conference and San Jose likely looking at being left on the outside looking in come playoff time, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL Odds for the Sharks vs Jets.
Sharks vs Jets – NHL Odds, Preview and Picks
- When: Friday February 14, 2020, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Bell MTS Place, Winnipeg, MA
- TV: TSN3, NBCS-California
- NHL Odds: San Jose +125/Winnipeg -145 / Total: 6.5
Why Bet On San Jose?
The Sharks had their modest two-game winning streak snapped in their embarrassing 6-2 loss against Calgary on Monday.
Two-time Norris Trophy recipient Erik Karlsson scored in the first period and Brent Burns added a goal in the second period, but it wasn’t nearly enough to stop the Flames from lighting the lamp early and often in the loss. Aaron Dell took the loss by allowing all 6 goals on 37 shots. San Jose averages 2.6 goals per game while allowing 3.3 goals per contest defensively to rank an identical 28th at both ends of the ice. The Sharks have gone 10-14-2-1 on the road this season.
- Goals: 2.63
- Shots: 29.2
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.78
- Goals: 3.34
- Shots: 30.64
- PP/PK Percentage: 14.36
Sharks Betting Trends
- Sharks are 16-7 in their last 23 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Sharks are 9-19 in their last 28 overall.
- Sharks are 5-11 in their last 16 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Sharks are 3-7 in their last 10 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Sharks are 6-15 in their last 21 games as an underdog.
- Sharks are 2-5 in their last 7 games as a road underdog.
- Sharks are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Central.
Why Bet On Winnipeg?
The Jets had their three-game winning streak snapped in their 4-1 loss to the New York Rangers on Tuesday. Nikolaj Ehlers lit the lamp in the third period to record his fourth consecutive 20-goal season, but the Jets were never in contention in the convincing loss. Connor Hellebuyck ended up with the loss by allowing 4 goals on 42 shots. Winnipeg averages 2.9 goals per game (18th) while allowing 3.0 goals per contest defensively (14th). The Jets have gone 14-13-2-1 at home this season.
- Goals: 3
- Shots: 31.1
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.32
- Goals: 3.03
- Shots: 32.79
- PP/PK Percentage: 25.17
Jets Betting Trends
- Jets are 42-20 in their last 62 vs. Pacific.
- Jets are 4-10 in their last 14 home games.
- Jets are 2-8 in their last 10 games following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
Sharks vs Jets Expert Analysis and Prediction
While the underdog and road team in this rivalry has gone a perfect 6-0 in the last 6 meetings, San Jose is juts 2-5 in the last 7 meetings against Winnipeg and 4-10 in their last 14 road games. Conversely, Winnipeg has gone 8-2 in their last 10 games as a home favorite and 9-4 in their last 13 games after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game. With the Jets trying desperately to secure a playoff berth, I like Winnipeg to take care of business in this affair.
Pick: Winnipeg 4 San Jose 3