The Dallas Stars and the Minnesota Wild will both be looking to pick up a victory when they square off on Thursday night, live from the Xcel Energy Center. Now, let’s find out where the best value lies in this contest.
Stars vs Wild NHL Betting Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM ET
- Where: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
- TV: FSSW / FSN
- Radio: Dallas / Minnesota
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Minnesota -120/Dallas +100 / Total: 5
Why Bet On Dallas?
The Stars on a nice roll, having won five of six including a 2-0 shutout win over Buffalo on Tuesday. Goaltender Ben Bishop stopped all 35 shots faced to get the win while extending his current shoutout streak to over 200 minutes. Dallas also ranks a phenomenal second in goals allowed (2.5 gpg).</p.
- Goals: 2.52
- Shots: 29.81
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.77
- Goals: 2.49
- Shots: 31.86
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.22
Why Bet On Minnesota?
The best reason to back Minnesota is because the Wild are playing at home – and utterly desperate after dropping two straight and four of their last five games overall including a 3-0 shutout loss against San Jose on Monday.
- Goals: 2.73
- Shots: 31.40
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.71
- Goals: 2.93
- Shots: 29.37
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.81
Stars vs Wild NHL Betting Trends
- Dallas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Minnesota
- Dallas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 5 games
- Minnesota is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Minnesota is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Minnesota’s last 12 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction for Stars vs Wild
While 60 percent of NHL betting buffs are currently backing Minnesota to get it done at home in this affair, I’m going to encourage you to back Dallas seeing as how the Stars have gone 6-1 in their last 7 games against a team with a losing record and the Wild have limped to an uninspiring 1-4 mark in their last five games.
With Dallas looking to hold on to their slim playoff hopes, I like the Stars to get it done because of their lockdown defense.
NHL Betting Pick: Dallas 3 Minnesota 2