The Minnesota Wild will be looking to stay hot in order to pull off the upset road win over the Dallas Stars when the two Western Conference Stanley Cup hopefuls square off on Friday night. With Minnesota looking to extend their winning ways and Dallas looking to get back in the win column, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NHL betting odds.
How to Bet Wild vs Stars NHL Hockey Odds & TV Info
Here’s the official “Its OK For These Teams to Win the Cup” power rankings: 1. Carolina Hurricanes 2. San Jose Sharks 3. Columbus Blue Jackets 4. Colorado Avalanche 5. St. Louis Blues 6. Dallas Stars 7. New York Islanders ————————————————— 8. Boston Bruins— Sam Stern (@SternScouting) April 25, 2019
- Who: : Minnesota Wild (25-22-4-2) at Dallas Stars (30-18-3-2)
- When: Friday February 7, 2020, 8:30 PM ET
- Where: American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
- TV: NHL Center Ice, RSNE
- Radio: Wild | Stars
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Stars -1½ (Total:5½)
Why Bet on the Minnesota?
Minnesota has won two straight and five of their last seven games including a 4-2 win over Vancouver on Thursday night. Forward Kevin Fiala had a goal and an assist in the win while Brad Hunt, Ryan Hartman and Zach Parise added goals. Goalie Alex Stalock turned aside 24 shots to earn the victory, but Devan Dubnyk (9-13-2, .890 save percentage) is scheduled to be on the ice in this affair. The Wild average 3.1 goals per game (15th), but give up an average of 3.3 goals per game defensively to rank 27th in goals allowed. Minnesota has gone 9-15-2-0 on the road this season.
Minnesota Wild 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- Minnesota are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games.
- Minnesota are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games against Dallas.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 8 games on the road.
- Minnesota are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Dallas.
- Minnesota are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Goals: 3.09
- Shots: 29.62
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 21.08
- Goals: 2.73
- Shots: 29.87
- ThreePP/PK Percentage: 17.86
Why Bet on the Dallas?
Dallas had their modest two-game winning streak snapped in their 4-3 overtime loss against the Islanders on Tuesday night. The Stars got goals from Denis Gurianov, Jason Dickinson, and John Klingberg in the loss. Goalie Ben Bishop turned away 37 of 41 shots, but it wasn’t enough at Dallas missed a chance to win their third straight on the road.
“You can’t beat yourself in that third game,” Dallas interim coach Rick Bowness told reporters. “We had the chance to take six (points) out of six and that’s disappointing. Bad decisions, five penalties. You’re coming in here taking five penalties and you know you’re tired, it’s disappointing because it was self-inflicted.”
The Stars average just 2.6 goals per game to rank an uninspiring 26th in scoring, but Dallas also limits the opposition to just 2.5 goals per game to rank third in goals allowed. The Stars have gone 16-8-1-1 at home this season.
Dallas Stars 2020 NHL Betting Trends and Stats Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’ last 6 games.
- Dallas are 10-5 SU in their last 15 games.
- Dallas are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games at home.
- Dallas are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Minnesota.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas’ last 5 games against an opponent in the West conference.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Dallas’ last 18 games against an opponent in the Central division.
- Goals: 2.68
- Shots: 30.45
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.61
- Goals: 2.57
- Shots: 31.75
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.05
Wild vs Stars Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Minnesota beat the hell out of Dallas 7-0 at home back on Jan. 18 and the Wild have won two straight against the Stars after losing their previous five meetings. Yes, the Stars are playing at home and yes, they have an elite defense that doesn’t give up many cheap goals. However, Dallas has scored more than three goals just once in their last 10 games and that lack of offensive firepower leads me to believe the Wild are the pick to get it done on the road in this one. Minnesota has gone 4-0 in their last 4 games against teams from the Central division while going 5-2 in their last 7 games overall. While Dallas has gone an impressive 14-6 in their last 20 home games and13-6 in their last 19 games as a home favorite, I smell an upset brewing in this Friday night showdown.
Pick: Minnesota 4 – Dallas 3