With the National Rugby League bringing its pandemic-related suspension to a halt as it resumes play this week, now is a perfect time to find out whether the Manly Sea Eagles can take care of business at home when they host the visiting Cantebury Bulldogs. With both teams going all-out for the win, let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds.
NRL Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Round 3
Why Bet On The Sea Eagles
Manly is sitting in 10th place in the NRL standings with just 13 points scored and 26 allowed defensively (-13). The Sea Eagles opened their season with a dismal 18-4 home loss against the Storm on March 15 before squeaking past the Roosters 9-8 on the road in round 2 on March 21. The eight-time league champs and 11-time runner-ups have a 76 percent completion rate and 88 percent tackle efficiency with an average ball play speed of 4.00 seconds. Lock, Jake Trbojevic has recorded a team-high 92 tackles, just seven off league leader Apisai Koroisau. Winger Reuben Garrick has recorded team-highs of eight points and four goals while fullback Tom Trbojevic has a team-high one try.
Why Bet On The Bulldogs
Cantebury is sitting in 14th place in the NRL standings with 18 points scored and 32 points allowed defensively (-14). The Bulldogs opened their 2020 campaign by suffering a humbling 8-2 road loss against the Eels on March 12 before falling at home to the Cowboys 24-16 in round 2 on March 19. The eight-time champs and 10-time runner-ups have a 65 percent completion rate and 87.5 percent tackle efficiency with an average ball play speed of 3.37 seconds. Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King has recorded a team-high 95 tackles while halfback Brandon Wakeham has recorded team-highs of six points and three goals. Prop, Renouf To’omaga has recorded a team-high one try.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Bulldogs have won 20 of 34 career head-to-head meetings against the Sea Eagles, but Manly has won each of the last two meetings, most recently an 18-10 home win on May 4 of 2019. While Manly has just 13 points, they’ve also been pretty solid in allowing just 26 points defensively. With Cantebury struggling at both ends through two matches, I’m going to urge you to back the Eagles to take care of business at home in what looks like a knock-down, drag-out affair just waiting to happen!
Pick: Sea Eagles 18 Bulldogs 14
General Game Info Cantebury Bulldogs (0-0-2) vs. Manly Sea Eagles (1-0-1)
- When: Sunday, May 31 at 3:30 AM
- Where: Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Live: Fox
- Money Lines: Cantebury Bulldogs +228 / Manly Sea Eagles -278
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 3 Matches
- Eels vs Broncos – Thursday 28th May, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Rabbitohs vs Rooster – Friday 29th May, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Warriors – Saturday 30th May, 01:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- West Tigers vs Sharks – Saturday 30th May, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Raiders vs Storm – Saturday 30th May, 05:35 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Knights vs Panthers – Sunday 31st May, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Titans vs Cowboys – Friday 29th May, 04:00 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville