The North Queensland Cowboys and New Zealand Warriors will both be looking to bounce back from losses the last time out when they square off in their Round 5 NRL matchup on Friday, June 12. With both clubs looking to move up the standings as we move further into the 2020 NRL campaign, let’s find out which team is offering the best value in this affair so you can make your bets against their NRL odds.
NRL Cowboys Vs Warriors Round 5
Why Bet On The Cowboys at -212
The Cowboys are sitting in seventh place in the NRL standings, having scored 97 points while allowing 76 points defensively (+21). North Queensland comes into this matchup off a humbling 26-16 loss against the Sharks on Saturday that saw Valentine Holmes score a pair of tries, though the Cowboys gave up five tries in the loss. The Cowboys lost the meters run battle 1,279 to 1,166. The good news is that North Queensland will likely see Peta Hiku (rib injury), Lachlan Burr (head knock) and Agnatius Paasi (suspension) all return to action for this matchup.
Why Bet On The Warriors at +190
The Warriors are sitting in 14th place in the NRL standings, having scored a league-low 24 points while allowing 66 points defensively (-42). The Warriors come into this contest off a humbling 26-0 shutout loss against the Penrith Panthers on Friday that saw them give up five tries and a trio of conversions while losing the meters run battle 1,722 to 1,231. John Asiata (meniscus injury) will be out of the lineup for at least another month while backup prop Tom Gilbert remains with the team. The Warriors are hoping second-rowers Coen Hess (ankle) and Mitch Dunn (head knock) will be available while star lock, Jason Taumalolo could return from a bone bruise to his knee.
Expert Analysis and Predictions
While North Queensland got humbled last week, they also put 16 points on the board while New Zealand got shut out. More importantly. The Warriors have looked almost completely inept offensively in scoring just 24 points through four matches to average a pitiful 6.0 points per game. Not only that, but the Cowboys have won three of the last five meetings in this rivalry, including a hard-fought 17-10 road win on April 20 of 2019.
With New Zealand really struggling to score the ball this season and the Cowboys being one of just five teams to score 90 points or more heading into Round 5, the handwriting is clearly on the wall for a convincing win for North Queensland in this matchup. Don’t over-think your pick on this Round 5 matchup. The North Queensland Cowboys will win and cash in!
Pick: Cowboys 38 Warriors 12
General Game Info North Queensland Cowboys (2-0-2) Vs New Zealand Warriors (1-0-3)
- When: Friday, June 12, 2020 at 3:00 AM AEST
- Where: Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Cowboys Vs Warriors Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Cowboys -212 / Warriors +190 / Draw +2200
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 5 Matches
- Broncos Vs Sea Eagles- Thursday 11th June, 05:50 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Panthers Vs Eels – Friday 12th June, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Titans Vs Rabbitohs – Saturday 13th June, 01:00 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Storm Vs Knights – Saturday 13th June, 03:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Raiders Vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 13th June, 05:35 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Roosters Vs Bulldogs – Sunday 14th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks Vs Dragons – Sunday 14th June, 04:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney