The Canterbury Bulldogs and St. George Illawarra Dragons will both be looking to record their first win of the 2020 season when they square off in their Round 4 matchup on Monday, June 8. With both struggling clubs in all-out ‘desperation mode’ let’s find out which one is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds.
NRL Dragons vs Bulldogs Round 4
Why Bet On The Bulldogs at -111
Cantebury is sitting in 15th place in the NRL standings with 24 points scored and 64 points allowed defensively (-40). The Bulldogs got man-handled in their humbling 32-6 Round 3 loss to the Sea Eagles by giving up seven tries and a pair of conversions while Jake Averillo put the only points on the board by scoring one try while Nick Meaney added one conversion. The Bulldogs lost the possession battle by controlling the ball just 43 percent of the time. Canterbury also had just a 70 percent completion rate while losing the meters run matchup 1,933 to 1,418. Kieran Foran returns in the halves in place of Jack Cogger.
Why Bet On The Dragons at -111
The Dragons are in 14th place in the NRL standings with 42 points scored and 74 allowed defensively (-32). St. George put up a lethargic effort in their 18-0 shutout loss against New Zealand last week. The Dragons allowed three tires and a pair of conversions in the loss while getting blanked across the board offensively. St. George lost the possession battle 53-47 percent while allowing the warriors to complete an insane 96 percent of their passes. Last, but not least, St. George lost the meters run battle 2,188 to 2,116.
Despite suffering a broken nose at practice on Tuesday, Adam Clune will almost assuredly make his NRL debut at halfback. Corey Norman will shift to fullback in place of Matt Dufty. Josh Kerr has been promoted to the starting pack for Korbin Sims, while Trent Merrin and Issac Luke join the interchange with Tyrell Fuimaono dropping out.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Canterbury might be playing at home in this Round 4 affair, but St. George has won two straight and three of the last four meetings overall, including an emphatic 36-12 smackdown in June of last year and an even more convincing 40-4 beat-down in April of last year.
Not only that, but the Dragons have put 18 more points on the board this season while allowing just 10 more points defensively. Yes, I know St, George was blanked in Round 3, but Canterbury wasn’t much better in putting just six points on the board in their own Round 3 loss. I’m going with the St. George Illawarra Dragons to get the big road upset to record their first win of the season and you should too!
Pick: Dragons 24 Bulldogs 18
General Game Info St. George Illawarra Dragons (0-0-3) vs. Canterbury Bulldogs (0-0-3)
- When: Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:05 AM AEST
- Where: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Bulldogs Live: Fox
- Spread: Bulldogs -111 / Dragons -111
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 4 Matches
- Roosters vs Broncos – Thursday 4th June, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Rabbitohs vs Storm – Friday 5th June, 05:55 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Sea Eagles vs Eels – Saturday 6th June, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Cowboys – Saturday 6th June, 05:35 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Warriors vs Panthers – Friday 5th June, 04:00 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Raiders – Sunday 7th June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Wests Tigers vs Titan – Sunday 7th June, 04:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane