The struggling Canterbury Bulldogs will look to record consecutive victories when they host two-time defending champion Sydney in their Round 5 matchup at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday. Now, with the Bulldogs looking to pull off the huge upset, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds in this affair.
NRL Roosters Vs Bulldogs Round 5
Why Bet On The Bulldogs
Cantebury is sitting in 12th place in the NRL standings with 46 points scored and 66 points allowed defensively (-20). The Bulldogs come into this matchup fresh off their first win of the 2020 campaign that saw them lay an emphatic 22-2 smackdown on the Dragons on Monday. Adam Elliott, Nick Meaney and Reimis Smith all scored on tries in the win while Meaney added a trio of conversions as well. Canterbury controlled possession 55 percent of the match while racking up an 86 percent completion rate and winning the meters run battle 2,202 to 2,013. Canterbury has split two home games evenly this season. Christian Crichton replaces Kerrod Holland on the interchange. The Bulldogs have won three of their four games at Bankwest Stadium
Why Bet On The Roosters
The two-time defending champion Roosters are sitting in sixth place in the NRL standings with 109 points scored and 41 points allowed. Sydney comes into Round 5 off a record-setting 59-0 shutout win over Brisbane on Thursday that saw a whopping 10 different players all score one try while Kyle Flanagan went a blistering 9 of 10 on conversions attempts. The Roosters won the possession battle 61-39 percent while taking the meters run battle handily, 2,361 to 1,119. Sydney will have superstar fullback James Tedesco back on the pitch which will push Ryan Hall out of the backline while Brett Morris shifts to the wing, in the only change to the 17 from last week. Victor Radley was cleared of a serious elbow injury and will play. Roosters winger Daniel Tupou has scored nine tries in his past 10 games against the Bulldogs.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Canterbury looked great in their dominating Round 4 win over the last place Dragons the last time out, the Bulldogs are going to find beating Sydney a while lot tougher in this Round 5 matchup. The Roosters were at their very best in putting up a mind-boggling 59 points against Brisbane last week and they were just as good defensively in completely blanking the Broncos. No matter how hard I try to envision Canterbury getting the upset win, it’s just not going to happen in an affair that looks like a huge mismatch just waiting to happen. Keep it simple and back the defending champs to get it done, rather easily!
Pick: Roosters 38 Bulldogs 8
General Match Info Sydney Roosters (2-0-2) Vs. Canterbury Bulldogs (1-0-3)
- When: Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 1:05 AM AEST
- Where: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Roosters Vs Bulldogs Live: Nine/Fox
- Money Lines: Roosters -476 / Bulldogs +283
- Total: O 21½ (-121) / U 21½ (-117)
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 5 Matches
- Cowboys Vs Warriors – Friday 12th June, 04:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Panthers Vs Eels – Friday 12th June, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Titans Vs Rabbitohs – Saturday 13th June, 01:00 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Storm Vs Knights – Saturday 13th June, 03:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Broncos Vs Sea Eagles- Thursday 11th June, 05:50 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Raiders Vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 13th June, 05:35 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks Vs Dragons – Sunday 14th June, 04:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney