The Gold Coast Titans and South Sydney Rabbitohs will both be looking to record their respective second wins of the 2020 season when they square off on Saturday at Bankwest Stadium in Sydney. With Gold Coast looking to build on their first win of the season the last time out and South Sydney looking to get its act together at home, let’s find out where the best value in this matchup lies so you can make your bets against their NRL odds.
NRL Titans Vs Rabbitohs Round 5
Why Bet On The Rabbitohs at -416
South Sydney is sitting in 13th place in the NRL standings with 60 points scored and 90 points allowed defensively (-30). The Rabbitohs come into this contest off a humbling 22-8 road loss against Melbourne on Friday that saw them limited to one try from Alex Johnston and one try from Adam Reynolds. Defensively, South Sydney gave up a quartet of tries and a pair of conversions by Cameron Smith. The Rabbitohs lost the possession battle 53-47 percent and the meters run matchup 1,736 to 1,468. James Roberts and Cody Walker return to the backline with Braidon Burns and Troy Dargan dropping out of the 17. Patrick Mago and Bayley Sironen replace Mark Nicholls and Keaon Koloamatangi on the interchange. James Roberts and Cody Walker return to the backline with Braidon Burns and Troy Dargan dropping out of the 17. Patrick Mago and Bayley Sironen replace Mark Nicholls and Keaon Koloamatangi on the interchange.
Why Bet On The Titans at +309
The Titans are sitting in 15th place in the NRL standings with 46 points scored and 129 points allowed defensively (-83), but they got their first win of the season by getting past the Wests Tigers 28-23 in a hard-fought affair. Kevin Proctor, Anthony Don, Keegan Hipgrave, Brian Kelly and Philip Sami all scored on tries while Ashley Taylor went 4-for 5 on conversions. Gold Coast won the possession matchup 54-46 percent while narrowly taking the meters run battle 1,525 to 1,522. There are no changes for the Titans this week following their huge upset the last time out.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Gold Coast Titans have lost 12 of their 14 away games since the start of 2019 and they’re on the road in this Round 5 matchup. Not only that, the Titans have been absolutely abysmal defensively in giving up a whopping 129 points to rank second in most points allowed heading into Round 5. Gold Coast may have gotten a big upset win in Round 4, but their happiness will be short-lived as they fall in a thriller in this Round 5 clash.
Pick: Rabbitohs 24 Titans 22
General Game Info Gold Coast Titans (1-0-3) Vs. South Sydney Rabbitohs (1-0-3)
- When: Saturday, June 13, 20202 at 12:00 AM AEST
- Where: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Titans Vs Rabbitohs Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Titans +309 / Rabbitohs -416
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 5 Matches
- Cowboys Vs Warriors – Friday 12th June, 04:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Panthers Vs Eels – Friday 12th June, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Broncos Vs Sea Eagles- Thursday 11th June, 05:50 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Storm Vs Knights – Saturday 13th June, 03:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Raiders Vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 13th June, 05:35 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Roosters Vs Bulldogs – Sunday 14th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks Vs Dragons – Sunday 14th June, 04:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney