The South Sydney Rabbitohs and New Zealand Warriors will both be looking to build on their respective Round 5 wins when they square off in a matchup of teams with identical records on Friday, June 19. Now, with both clubs looking to make a move up the NRL standings, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds.
NRL Warriors Vs Rabbitohs Round 6
Why Bet On The Rabbitohs
South Sydney is sitting in 10th place in the NRL standings at four points. The Rabbitohs have scored 92 points this season while allowing 102 points defensively (-10). South Sydney comes into this matchup of a resounding 32-12 win over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday. Dane Gagai led the way to victory with two scoring tries while fullback Latrell Mitchell, Alex Johnson, Braidon Burns all added solo tries in the win. Adam Reynolds went 5-for-5 on conversions in the win. The Rabbitohs lost the possession battle 53-47 percent but won the meters run matchup, 1,587 t0 1,353. The Souths are unchanged in Round 6 after smacking the Titans around in the last round. James Roberts remains outside the 17 on the extended bench.
Why Bet On The Warriors
New Zealand is sitting in 11th place in the NRL standings at four points. The Warriors have scored just 61 points this season while allowing 92 points defensively (-31). New Zealand comes into this contest off a convincing 37-26 home win over the North Queensland Cowboys on Friday that saw Peta Hiku score a trio of tries while Patrick Herbert, Eliesa Katoa and Adam Pompey all added scoring tries of their own. Kodi Nikorima went 3 for 7 on conversions while adding one penalty goal and one field goal in the win. The Warriors won the possession battle 56-44 percent and the meters run matchup 1,880 to 1,358. The Warriors are unchanged after last week’s win over North Queensland.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Warriors have lost three straight in this rivalry and two straight at home including a humbling 31-10 defeat the last time these two rivals met on August 19, 2019. With that said, I like South Sydney to get it done in this affair, mostly because they are playing on their home pitch and have the far better offense in this matchup, having put 92 points on the board this season to the Warriors’ far more modest 61 points. Latrell Mitchell and Dane Gagai will lead the way to victory for the Rabbitohs in this Round 6 matchup.
Pick: Rabbitohs 24 Warriors 20
General Match Info New Zealand Warriors (2-0-3) Vs. South Sydney Rabbitohs (2-0-3)
- When: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 3:00 AM AEST
- Where: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Warriors Vs Rabbitohs Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Rabbitohs -227 / Warriors +179
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 6 Matches
- Broncos vs Knights – Thursday 18th June, 05:50 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Storm vs Panthers – Friday 19th June, 05:55 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Titans – Saturday 20th June, 01:00 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Cowboys vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 20th June, 03:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Eels vs Roosters – Saturday 20th June, 05:35 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sea Eagles vs Raiders – Sunday 21st June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Bulldogs vs Sharks – Sunday 21st June, 04:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney