The South Sydney Rabbitohs will be looking to extend their winning ways when they take on the Penrith Panthers in their Round 7 showdown on Thursday night. Though Penrith was supposed to host this game at Campbelltown Stadium, it has been moved to Netstrata Jubilee Oval following concerns about the playing surface at Campbelltown. The NRL informed the Panthers of its decision to relocate the game on Monday afternoon. Now, let’s find out where the best value lies in this intriguing pairing so you can start planning ahead your bets against their NRL odds.
NRL Rabbitohs Vs Panthers Round 7
Why Bet On The Panthers at -133
Penrith is sitting in third place in the NRL standings with nine points and one point behind league-leading Parramatta. The Panthers have scored 123 goals while allowing 86 defensively (+37). Penrith has gone a perfect 3-0 at home this season and 1-1 on the road. Penrith also comes into this contest off a hard-fought 21-14 win over Melbourne last week as Stephen Crichton, Brian To’o and Viliame Kikau all scored on tries and Nathan Cleary went 3-for-3 on conversions and 1 for-1 on penalty goals. Penrith’s starting from a week ago is intact after their strong win over the Storm. Fullback Dylan Edwards got through his first game back from injury although playmaker Matt Burton never saw any action. Jarome Luai is clear to play after accepting a grade-one dangerous contact charge.
Why Bet On The Rabbitohs at +110
The Rabbitohs are sitting in eighth place in the NRL standings with six points. South Sydney has scored 132 points this season while allowing 114 points defensively (+18). South Sydney has gone a perfect 3-0 at home, but a winless 0-3 on the road. One week after taking out the Titans 32-12 in Round 5, the Rabbitohs spanked the New Zealand Warriors 40-12 as Alex Johnston scored a pair of tries and Campbell Graham, Adam Reynolds, Braidon Burns, Cody Walker and Damien Cook all added scoring tries of their own. Reynolds also went 6-for-7 on conversions in the win. Bench forward Tom Amone is out for this affair after suffering a serious knee injury against the Warriors. Center James Roberts replaces him on the bench.
General Match Info South Sydney Rabbitohs (3-0-3) Vs Penrith Panthers (4-1-1)
- When: Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 4:30 AM AEST
- Where: Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
- Rabbitohs Vs Panthers Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Panthers -133 / Rabbitohs +110
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Penrith might have more wins coming into this matchup and they might be favored as well, but I smell an upset brewing with South Sydney playing some excellent football recently. The Rabbitohs have scored 72 points the last two weeks while limiting their opponents to an identical 12 points defensively.
While Penrith recorded a narrow 19-18 win the last time these two met, these two rivals have alternated wins and losses over the last four meetings while South Sydney has gone 3-2 over the last five. With four of the last five meetings being decided by four points or less, I’m expecting another thriller!
Pick: Rabbitohs 24 Panthers 20
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 7 Matches
- Warriors vs Storm – Friday 26th June, 04:00 AM | Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Roosters – Friday 26th June, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Cowboys – Friday 26th June, 01:00 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Titans vs Broncos – Saturday 27th June, 03:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Raiders vs Eels – Saturday 27th June, 05:35 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Sea Eagles – Sunday 28tht June, 02:05 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Wests Tigers vs Bulldogs – Sunday 28th June, 04:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney