The North Queensland Cowboys will be going all-out in order to snap out of their recent funk when they take on the Manly Sea Eagles in their round 11 matchup on Friday. With the Cowboys desperate for a win and Manly looking to take a step toward getting back inside the top 8, let’s find out which team is offering the best betting value against their NRL odds.
NRL Sea Eagles Vs Cowboys Round 11
Why Bet On The Cowboys
North Queensland is sitting in 12th place in the 16-team NRL standings with six points. The Cowboys have scored 205 points this season while allowing 275 points defensively (-70). North Queensland has gone 2-3 at home and a nearly winless 1-4 on the road this season. The Cowboys have lost three straight and six of their last seven games including a 22-10 road loss against top-ranked Penrith on Sunday. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow and Daejarn Asi scoed tries in the loss while Kyle Feldt went 1-for-2 on conversions. Unfortunately, North Queensland gave up four tries and three conversions in the loss. Now, heading into round 11, North Queensland will have an unchanged 17 after last week’s great effort against the Panthers. Prop Jordan McLean (calf) has been included on the reserves and needs to pass fitness testing to play.
Why Bet On The Sea Eagles
Manly is sitting in 10th place in the NRL standings with 10 points. The Sea Eagles have scored 155 points this season while allowing 181 points defensively (-26). Manly snapped a three-game winning streak by getting a huge, 22-18 upset of second place Parramatta on Saturday. Manly gave up four tries and one conversion in the win but recorded four tries of their own as Martin Taupau, Daly Cherry-Evans, Danny Levi and Joel Thompson all scored while Reuben Garrick went 3-for-4 on conversions. The Sea Eagles failed to score in the second half after hitting the break up 224 but they held on for the big win nonetheless. Now, heading into round 11, Addin Fonua-Blake returns from suspension at prop while Taniela Paseka moves to the bench and Corey Waddell to the reserves.
General Match Info Manly Sea Eagles (5-0-5) vs. North Queensland Cowboys (3-0-7)
- When: Friday, July 24, 2020 at 3:00 AM
- Where: Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Sea Eagles Vs Cowboys Live: Nine/Fox Sports
- Handicap: Sea Eagles -1.5
- Money Lines: Sea Eagles -151 / Cowboys +106
Expert Analysis and Prediction
North Queensland has scored 50 more points than Manly this season, but they’ve also allowed 4 more points than the Sea Eagles defensively this season. The Cowboys have won six of their past eight games against the Sea Eagles, but they’ve also allowed 37 points or more in four of their last five losses while Manly has limited five of their last six opponents to 22 points or less while limiting three of their last five opponents to 18 points or less. The Sea Eagles have won their past two games in Townsville and North Queensland has been abysmal in dropping six of their last seven. Despite being on the road, I like Manly to get it done while covering the chalk as a slight 1.5-point favorite.
Pick: Sea Eagles 24 Cowboys 18
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 11 Matches
- Wests Tigers vs Eels – Thursday 23rd July, 05:50 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Storm vs Broncos – Friday 24th July, 05:55 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Roosters vs Warriors – Friday 24th July, 01:00 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Dragons vs Sharks – Saturday 25th July, 03:30 AM | Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney
- Rabbitohs vs Raiders – Saturday 25th July, 05:35 AM | GIO Stadium, Canberra
- Bulldogs vs Knights – Saturday 25th July, 02:05 AM | McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
- Panthers vs Titans – Sunday 26th July, 04:30 AM | Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast