The Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks will both be looking to build on their round 7 wins when they square off in their round 8 clash on Saturday. With both teams desperate to make a move up the NRL standings to get inside the top 8, let’s find out which team is offering the best betting value in this pairing so you can plan ahead your bets against their NRL odds.
NRL Sharks Vs Titans Round 8
Why Bet On The TitansGold Coast is sitting in 13th place in the 16-team NRL standings with four points. The Titans have been limited to 96 points while allowing 193 points defensively (-97). Gold Coast has gone 1-2 at home and 1-3 on the road this season. The Titans were averaging a paltry 11 points per game before exploding on Brisbane in their 30-12 round 7 win on Saturday. Ashley Taylor, Anthony Don, Sam Lisone, Anthony Don and Phillip Sami all scored tries in the win while Taylor went 3-for-5 on conversions and 2-for-2 on penalty goals. For this matchup, Tyrone Roberts could see action after sitting out last week. Outside of that, no changes are expected.
Why Bet On The SharksCronulla is sitting in 11th place in the NRL standings with four points. The Sharks have scored 146 points while allowing 148 points defensively (-2). Cronulla-Sutherland has gone 1-2 at home and 2-2 on the road this season. Cronulla comes into this matchup riding a two-game winning streak that includes a narrow, 20-18 win over the Bulldogs in round 6 and an emphatic 40-22 blowout win over the Sea Eagles on Sunday. Sione Katoa scored two tries to lead the way to victory while Braden Hamlin-Uele,, Jesse Ramien, Josh Dugan, Bryson Goodwin 49 and Blayke Brailey all added scoring tries in the win. Shaun Johnson went 6-for-7 on conversions and the Sharks never looked back after taking an 18-6 halftime lead. For this matchup, Josh Dugan will likely be available after being taken off the pitch late against Manly.
General Match Info Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (3-0-4) vs. Gold Coast Titans (2-0-5)
- When: Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM AEST
- Where: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Sharks Vs Titans Live: Nine/Fox Sports
- Handicap: Sharks -5.5
- Money Lines: Titans +160 / Sharks -200
Expert Analysis and PredictionThe Sharks have won three straight in this rivalry including a 26-18 road win the last time they met last season. More importantly, Cronulla has the much more potent offense in this matchup, not to mention the fact that they’re riding a two-game winning streak while taking three of their last four overall. Gold Coast’s win last weekend hasn’t convinced me that they can consistently score against Cronulla in this one. Take the Sharks for the outright win in round 8!Pick: Sharks 26 Titans 20
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 8 Matches
- Dragons vs Raiders – Friday 3rd July, 04:00 AM | GIO Stadium, Canberra
- Cowboys vs Eels – Friday 3rd July, 05:55 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Roosters vs Storm – Thursday 2nd July, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Broncos vs Warriors – Saturday 4th July, 03:30 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Panthers vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 4th July, 05:35 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Sea Eagles – Sunday 5tht July, 02:05 AM | Lottoland, Sydney
- Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs – Sunday 5th July, 04:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney