Barcelona battles Atletico Madrid in the second Spanish Supercopa Semifinal on Thursday, January 9. Barca enters the match a big favorite to win in regulation. Will Messi’s squad take down Atletico? Or, will Atletico move on to the Supercopa Finals? Check out the soccer odds, analysis and a free pick for Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid!
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid 2020 Spanish Supercopa Odds & Pick
- When: Thursday, Jan. 9 at 2:00 pm ET
- Where: King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- TV: ESPN / ESPN Deportes
- Live Stream: ESPN+
- Moneyline Odds: Atletico +262 / Barcelona -101
- Over/Under Total Odds: 2 ½
Why Barcelona is a good bet -101?
Barcelona has dominated Atletico in the last 5 head-to-head matchups. Barca has 3 wins and 2 draws. These two battled on December 1 with Barcelona beating Atletico 1-0. Why would anything change in the Spanish Supercopa? It wouldn’t, which is why Barcelona should do what they always do when they take on Atletico Madrid, win.
Form Last 5
- D – 2-2 vs Espanyol
- W – 4-1 vs Alaves
- D – 0-0 vs Real Madrid
- D – 2-2 vs Real Sociedad
- W – 2-1 vs Internazionale
- de Jong
Why Atletico Madrid is a good bet +262?
Although Barcelona has dominated in the series, Atletico Madrid has a chance to turn the tables on their rivals. Atletico is playing their best soccer right now. They’re on a tear. In those games, they outscored their rivals 8-2. The odds don’t correctly reflect Atletico Madrid’s chances in this. They can take the fight to Barcelona and beat their rivals on Thursday.
Form Last 5
- W – 2-1 vs Levante
- W – 2-1 vs Real Betis
- W – 2-0 vs Osasuna
- W – 2-0 vs Locomotiv Moscow
- D – 0-0 vs Villareal
Spanish Supercopa Betting Trends for Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid
- Barcelona has 2 wins and 3 draws in their last 5
- In their last 5 matches, Barcelona has beaten their opponents a combined 10-6.
- Barcelona has scored 2 goals or more in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- Atletico Madrid has 4 wins and a draw in their last 5
- In their last 5 matches, Atletico Madrid has outscored their opponents 8-2
- Atletico Madrid has scored 2 goals in 4 straight matches
- In the last 5 head-to-head matchups, Barcelona has 3 wins and 2 draws
Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Soccer Betting Analysis
Barca often gets the benefit of the doubt but we must rethink things. Messi’s squad hasn’t played it’s best soccer. Barcelona drew with Real Sociedad on Dec. 14. On Dec. 18, they drew with Real Madrid. After dominating Alaves 4-1 on Dec. 21, Barca drew with Espanyol on Jan. 4.
Contrast that with Atletico Madrid, who has won 4 in a row since a draw versus Villareal on Dec. 6. Atletico beat both Locomotiv Moscow and Osasuna 2-0. They beat Locomotiv on Dec. 11. On Dec. 14, they took down Osasuna. In their last couple of matches, Atletico beat both Real Betis and Levante 2-1.
Barcelona deserves to be the favorite. But they’re the favorites because of reputation. Atletico Madrid has played much better in recent matches. They’ve got a real shot to upset Barcelona before the 90 minutes are up.
Spanish Supercopa Soccer Pick: Atletico Madrid