There are 2 weeks left in the MLS regular season, and the race for a playoff spot in the Western Conference could not be any tighter for soccer betting fans. FC Dallas, LA Galaxy, and the Vancouver Whitecaps have all booked their tickets, but there are still 6 teams with a chance, however slight, of picking up the remaining 3 places. Let’s take a look at what each of those teams has to do to get in.
Sporting KC are in 4th place with 48 points, and with 3 games to play, they have the best shot at getting in. They host the San Joes Earthquakes on Friday in a game that has huge playoff implications. They then close out the season with 2 games on the road at last place Colorado and then Los Angeles. I like them to get in to the postseason, and 4 points should be enough.
The team under the most pressure of the chasing pack has to be the Seattle Sounders. This is a team loaded with high-priced talent, yet they continue to underachieve. Their final 2 games are against playoff hopefuls. They begin with a road trip to Houston and close out at home against Real Salt Lake. Both of those teams are out with another dropped point, so you have to favor Seattle to get the job done.
The Portland Timbers occupy the 6th and final playoff spot right now, and they got there with a huge win on Wednesday night in Salt Lake, which we predicted here. The Timbers travel to LA to face the Galaxy on Sunday, and then close out at home against Colorado a week later. If they can pick up a point in LA, and then put away the Rapids at home, they should make it into the postseason.
The San Jose Earthquakes have perhaps the toughest finish to the season of all the teams in this pack. The welcome in Sporting KC this weekend, and then have to go on the road to face Western Conference FC Dallas, who still have a legitimate shot at the Supporter’s Shield for the best overall record in the MLS. I don’t like their chances.
Real Salt Lake and the Houston Dynamo are both on 41 points, and 6 points off the final playoff spot. They would both have to win their final 2 games and hope that a few others slipped up. Both are still alive mathematically, but the reality is that they are essentially already done.
Join for Free
Topics, Sports & Betting Info
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick
- France vs Croatia 2018 World Cup Final Betting Prediction
- Ronaldo is On His Way to Juventus
- World Cup 2018 Printable Bracket
- Analyzing the 2018 World Cup Odds for Top 5 Favorites
- 2018 World Cup Group Odds