Watford are one of the new teams in the Premier League this season, and came in as one of the favorites among soccer odds fans to make the drop back down to the Championship. So far, though, Watford have done a pretty good job of their own, and are sitting comfortably in mid-table with 10 points from their opening 8 games. They will have a stern test this coming weekend when they welcome Arsenal into Vicarage Road for the late game on Saturday.
Date/Time: Saturday, October 17, 2015 12:30 PM ET
Venue: Vicarage Road
Opening Lines: Arsenal -161, Watford +529, Draw +323
While Watford have only picked up 2 losses on the season so far, they are not a team without issues. The biggest of those is their inability to find the back of the net on a consistent basis. They have only managed 6 goals through the first 8 games, and 5 of those have come from the boot of Odion Ighalo. The good news is that Watford have been very good defensively, having only given up 7 goals so far.
The Watford faithful are well aware that there are a lot of games to be played before they can start thinking about a longer life in the Premier League. In order for that to happen, they will need to have a much better month of October than they have had in their previous years in the BPL. In the 9 games they have played during that month, they have yet to pick up a win.
It seems to be business as usual for Arsenal, as their season has begun the same way it has so many times before under the watch of Arsene Wenger. A shaky start leads fans to start calling for the head of the manager, but that is followed up by a strong run that restores confidence. Arsenal appear to be on that run right now, and they certainly looked very good in their 3-0 rout of Manchester United before the 2-week break for Euro 2016 qualifiers.
It’s fair to say that the good run that Arsenal are on at the moment has come at the same time as Alexis Sanchez’s return to form. Arsenal find themselves 2 points off the top spot, but that’s a place they have been before, but have been unable to maintain.
Watford vs Arsenal Final Prediction
It’s never easy to get a win on the road in this league, but these are the kinds of games that Arsenal need to win if they hope to be legitimate title contenders. I think they will get it here, with a 2-0 win the most likely outcome.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick
- France vs Croatia 2018 World Cup Final Betting Prediction
- Ronaldo is On His Way to Juventus
- World Cup 2018 Printable Bracket
- Analyzing the 2018 World Cup Odds for Top 5 Favorites