Soccer fans and betting enthusiasts across the globe can rejoice, thanks to the return of big-time professional soccer! That’s right MyBookie betting faithful, even in the midst of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Bundesliga, Germany’s top professional league, makes its return to the pitch on May 16th.
Soccer Fans and Bettors Rejoice – Big-Time Bundesliga Coming Back
On Wednesday, Germany’s government gave the German Football Association (DFL) permission to return with the league now hoping to complete its season by June 30. At an Ordinary Assembly on Thursday, the 36 clubs of the upper two tiers all agreed the first match will be played on May 16th. The 2020 Bundesliga seasons was brought to a halt on the eve of March 13.
Now, as the league moves forward, all games will be held behind closed doors to keep in adherence to Germany’s ban on mass gatherings until Aug. 31. Here is a look at which teams will be in action when the 2020 season resumes.
Saturday, May 16
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Schalke 04 (9:30 a.m. ET)
- RB Leipzig vs. SC Freiburg (9:30 a.m. ET)
- Hoffenheim vs. Hertha BSC (9:30 a.m. ET)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf vs. SC Paderborn (9:30 a.m. ET)
- Augsburg vs. Wolfsburg (9:30 a.m. ET)
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Borussia Monchengladbach (12:30 p.m. ET)
Sunday, May 17
- FC Koln vs. Mainz 05 (9:30 a.m. ET)
- Union Berlin vs. Bayern Munich (12:00 p.m. ET)
Monday, May 18
- Werder Bremen vs. Bayer Leverkusen (2:30 p.m. ET)
Here is a look at the latest odds to win the 2020 Bundesliga Championship.
2020 Bundesliga Championship Odds
|1. FC Koln||+50,000|
Bayern Munich currently sits in the first place in the Bundesliga standings at 17-4-4 in 25 league matches. Borussia Dortmund is second at 15-6-4. RB Leipzig is third at 14-8-3, with Borussia Monchengladbach (15-4-6) and Bayern 04 Leverkusen (14-5-6) occupying the fourth and fifth spots respectively.