For many of the 8 teams taking part, the Confederations Cup is a welcome break from the pressure of World Cup qualifying and soccer betting picks. Some of the teams use this tournament as an opportunity to try out some of their fringe players, while others are definitely in it to win it. One of the teams that falls into the latter category is Mexico, simply because they are currently expecting to win every game they play. Their fans, as well as the Mexican soccer federation, hold this team to an incredibly high, and probably unfair, standard, which means they cannot ever let up. A perfect example of this can be remember now with the win of Mexico at the Gold Cup some years ago. With Miguel Herrera as the man in charge at that time, and he receiving his marching orders two days after the win in the final. Everybody is talking about a fight between him and a reporter as the main cause of the firing, but they also continue reporting that the Mexican soccer federation is currently not feeling comfortable with the style of play during his reign. Mexico is a survivor of a late scare in their opening game of the tournament against Portugal, but should be firm favorites in their second game of the group stage, which comes against New Zealand. The Kiwis make well by keeping the score respectable against host nation Russia in their opening tilt, but they look to be in a little over their heads with this meeting. They have very little in the way of success versus Mexico in previous meetings, and with goal difference possibly a factor in this group, we can probably expect Mexico to try and pour on the offense in this one.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Juventus vs Atletico Madrid 2019 Champions League Odds & Pick
- Schalke 04 vs Manchester City UEFA Champions League Odds & Analysis
- Liverpool vs Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League Odds & Pick
- Lyon vs Barcelona UEFA Champions League Lines & Game Info
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 18th Edition
- Manchester United vs PSG UEFA Champions League Lines & Pick
- Roma vs Porto UEFA Champions League Odds & Game Preview
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 11th Edition
- Manchester City vs Chelsea English Premier League Odds & Pick
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid La Liga Odds & Game Preview
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.