The final round of the group stage games in the Confederation Cup will be held this weekend, and as is the case in all major competitions now, the final games in each group will have the same start time. For those of you new to the game of football, it may be worth recapping why FIFA introduced this rule into the game as well as taking a look at the latest soccer odds. The changes were made after the 1982 World Cup Finals in Spain, which was still a time when no two games were played at the same time. The final game in the group round saw West Germany go against Austria, with the Germans needing to win by a goal to go through, with that result also ensuring that the Austrians would also move on. Germany scored within the first 10 minutes of the game, after which there was no real effort from either side to change that scoreline. FIFA could not prove that the match had been fixed, but the level of play left a sour taste, prompting them to change the rules so that the final round of games in a group would be played at the same time. There is not likely to be any major drama when the European Champions Portugal take on minnows New Zealand in the final game of Group A. Portugal are favored to win this one by a wide margin, and need only pick up a point to move on to the semi-final. They will not be taking New Zealand lightly, though, as the Kiwis came very close to pulling off a major upset in their last outing versus Mexico.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Manchester United vs PSG UEFA Champions League Lines & Pick
- Roma vs Porto UEFA Champions League Odds & Game Preview
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 11th Edition
- Manchester City vs Chelsea English Premier League Odds & Pick
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid La Liga Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Betting Preview
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 4th Edition
- Liverpool vs Leicester City English Premier League Odds & Pick
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – January 28th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – January 21st Edition
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.