All over Europe, the leagues have picked tempo, with the real contenders and pretenders starting to show in the soccer lines and betting odds. But this week, we take the notch a little higher with Champions League, a competition that promises more glory, more money and better identity as Europe’s elite. In essence, that’s why it if often dubbed as the best football tournament in the world. Among the top games of the week is a Tuesday clash between Real Madrid and PSG at the Santiago Bernabeu.
After so much hype in the weeks leading to their first leg encounter, the two teams gave a lackluster showing, with the game ending in a nil-nil draw. These two teams are rightful favorites to proceed from this group, but both of them will be hoping to top the table and avoid being paired against tough opponents such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Bearing that in mind, a better contest is expected in the online sportsbook when Real Madrid hosts PSG this Tuesday.
Venue: Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
Date: Tuesday, November 03, 2015
Time: 19:45 BST
TV: BT Sport Extra 2
Soccer Lines: Real Madrid to win 7/10, Draw 14/5, Paris Saint-Germain to win: 4
Real Madrid are unbeaten in all competitions since they last lost to Juventus in the Semi Final of the Champions League last season. They have been, by far, the best team in Spain with seven wins, three draws and no losses this season. Their Champions League campaign has been equally good, as they have won two games and drawn on game so far this season, owning the best goal difference Group A. In their three games, they have scored six goals.
It will however not be easy, as they will be going against a PSG defense that has not conceded any goal in the Champions League so far, and held them to a 0-0 draw in their first meeting in Paris.
For PSG, they will be looking for every opportunity to sting their hosts and hopefully record an upset win. PSG have decently score five goals in the Champions league this season, with all the five goals coming in the first two games. Against a Real Madrid side that is more endowed offensively and has been keeping things tight defensively (with no goals scored in the Champions League), the Parisiens certainly face a tough test. That, however, doesn’t mean that PSG cannot shock the Madristas, given their league-leading run in France.
• Real Madrid: Luka Modric
• PSG: David Luiz (Doubtful) Javier Pastore (Doubtful).
• Real Madrid are 3-2-0 in their last five games
• Real Madrid are unbeaten at home this season
• Real Madrid are 4-1-0 at home in the league this season
• PSG are unbeaten away from home this season
• PSG are 2-2-0 against Real Madrid in the Champions League.
With both teams tied up at seven points atop the Group, a win for either of them will ensure progress to the Round of 16. Both teams thus expected to be zealous to get the win and, just as the first leg, this encounter will be very tight and hotly contested. This game will be determined by who makes the most mistakes and who capitalizes on the other person’s mistakes. Obviously, Real Madrid have the upper hand here, but based on the way PSG have been surging in their game, we believe the visitors will have the last laugh, eking out a narrow win, most probably in a more open game that will see both sides get on the scoresheet.
Prediction: PSG Beats Real Madrid 2-1.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Nov. 4th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Oct. 29th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Oct. 22nd Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Oct. 15th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – October 1st Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27 Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action