One of the bitterest rivals in soccer happens on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2. Real Madrid hosts rival Atletico Madrid at Santiago Bernabeau. Because both teams play in Madrid, the stadium should rock with fans from both sides. Can Real beat their rivals on their home pitch? Or, will Atletico take it to Real? Check out La Liga soccer odds, analysis, and a free pick for Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid!
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid 2020 La Liga Odds & Pick
- When: Saturday, Feb. 1 at 10:00 am ET
- Where: Santiago Bernabeau Stadium, Madrid, Spain
- TV: beIN Sports
- Live Stream: Fubo TV
- Moneyline Odds: Atletico +346 / Real -123 / Draw +239
- Over/Under Total Odds: 2 ¼
Why Atletico Madrid is a good bet +346?
No doubt, Atletico is in bad form. The squad has 3 losses and a draw in their last 4 matches. But a deeper look reveals that the form might be turning around. They drew against Leganes 0-0 in their last match. Not only that but they lost via penalty kicks against Real Madrid 4 matches ago. Also, they upset Barcelona 5 matches ago. Atletico has a better shot than the odds indicate.
Form Last 5
- D – 0-0 vs Leganes
- L – 0-1 vs Cultural Leonesa
- L – 0-2 vs Eibar
- L – 0-0 vs Real Madrid
- W – 3-2 vs Barcelona
Why Real Madrid is a good bet -123?
Real is on fire. In addition to winning their last 5 matches, RM is 7-of-10 straight up in their last 10. Real Madrid has outscored their last 5 opponents 10-2. Also, they have a 46-43 lead over Barcelona on the La Liga Standings. Real’s 46 points are 10 points higher than Atletico’s 36 points. Playing in their stadium, Real Madrid should show their best. They’re a solid play at fair odds to beat their rivals in regulation.
Form Last 5
- W – 4-0 vs Real Zaragoza
- W – 1-0 vs Real Valladolid
- W – 3-1 vs Unionistas de Salamanca
- W – 2-1 vs Sevilla
- W – 0-0 vs Atletico Madrid
La Liga Betting Trends for Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid
- Atletico is 1-3-1 SU in their last 5
- Opponents have outscored Atletico Madrid 5-3 in their last 5 matches
- Atletico has 4 wins in their last 10 matches
- Real Madrid is 5-0 SU in their last 5
- In the head-to-head, Atletico and Real have played 3 draws in the last 5 matches
- Real Madrid has outscored their last 5 opponents 10-2
- Atletico has scored a combined 4 goals in their last 5 matches
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid Soccer Betting Analysis
On paper, Real looks like a lock to beat Atletico. But this is a La Liga matchup between two hated rivals. That’s not the only reason to give Atletico a shot. Sometimes, teams flounder against lesser opponents only to step it up against rivals.
That could happen on Saturday. Atletico Madrid bombed against Eibar, Cultural Leonesa, and even Leganes. They stepped it up versus Barcelona and Real Madrid. The draw versus Real can’t be underestimated. That match went to penalty kicks, meaning Atletico had a huge shot to pull off the win.
So, yes, Atletico can beat Real in regulation on Feb. 1. But backing Atletico isn’t the best play. The best play is on the draw. These two have drawn in 3 of the last 5 matchups. The last couple of battles have ended in draws. The rivals drew on Sep. 28 in a La Liga game. They drew on Jan. 12 at the Supercopa Final. Back the draw.
La Liga Soccer Pick: Draw +239