Soccer teams in France must play in a tournament over the weekend. The games for this week all happen on Wednesday, March 3. Check out Ligue 1 odds and analysis on the biggest matchups, including Paris Saint-Germain heading to Girondins Bordeaux a huge favorite.
Top Ligue 1 Games to Watch this Week (March 3rd)
Wednesday, March 3rd Matches
- RC Lens +147 / AS Saint-Etienne +164
Lens is in much better form than Saint-Etienne, which means even though Saint-Etienne is the home squad, we must lean towards RC Lens. Lens has 3 draws and 2 wins in their last 5. They beat Etienne 2-0 in the last head-to-head.
Soccer Free Pick: RC Lens
- Olympique Nimes +286 / OGC Nice -116
Nice heads into this off a 2-1 victory over Stade Rennes in their last. Based on their form, Nimes offers overlay odds. Ah, but Nice dominated Nimes 3-1 in the last head-to-head, a French Coupe de France match on Feb. 10. Nice beat Nimes 2-0 on Dec. 16. It sure looks as if Nice has Nimes’ number.
Soccer Free Pick: Nice
- Stade Rennais +411 / Olympique Lyonnais -169
Home team Lyon has a big edge. Not only does this happen on their pitch, but they’re in much better form with 3 wins, a loss, and a draw in their last 5. Stade Rennais has dropped 4 in a row. We hate laying the -169, but it’s too difficult to back the road team in this match.
Soccer Free Pick: Olympique Lyonnais
- Dijon FCO +350 / Stade Brestois 29 -147
Brest deserves to be the favorite. They are on a 2-match losing streak, though. Although Dijon FCO is in horrible form, they’ve lost their last 5, we’re backing them. Sometimes, we must allow odds to dictate which direction we go. In this, the odds say back FCO.
Soccer Free Pick: Dijon FCO
- Angers SCO +184 / Metz +159
Metz has won 3-of-4 while Angers has drawn in their last couple. These two drew in their last. Odds are decent on both squads. So do your handicapping and pick a winner. Or do what we’re doing, which is backing the draw.
Soccer Free Pick: Draw
- AS Monaco -116 / RC Strasbourg Alsace +278
Monaco is on fire with 4 wins and a draw in their last 5. Strasbourg has 2 draws, 2 wins, and a loss in their last 5. Monaco won the last head-to-head, but Strasbourg is the home team. We’re taking a shot.
Soccer Free Pick: RC Strasbourg Alsace
- Olympique Marseille +343 / LOSC Lille -125
Lille’s last couple of losses happened against Ajax in two Europa League matches. Lille drew against Strasbourg in their last. Marseille has drawn in 2 straight and in 3-of-4. These two drew in the last head-to-head. The draw sure looks promising.
Soccer Free Pick: Draw
- Paris Saint-Germain -1 ½ (+129) / Girondins Bordeaux +1 ½ (-172)
Going back to 2018, PSG hasn’t beaten Bordeaux by more than a goal in the last 5 head-to-head matches. Paris Saint-Germain is in decent form. Bordeaux has lost 4-of-5. Although history tells us Girondins keeps this within the number, the odds push us to laying the -1 ½ on PSG.
Soccer Free Pick: Paris Saint-Germain
- Lorient +252 / Montpellier HSC -103
Montpellier has 4 wins and a draw in their last 5. Lorient won their last. But the odds aren’t a big enough difference to go with the underdog. Montpellier should get it done on their pitch.
Soccer Free Pick: Montpellier
- Stade Reims +235 / FC Nantes +131
Reims can hang with Nantes. In fact, they won the last head-to-head. Nantes should win. The odds say Stade Reims is the better play.
Soccer Free Pick: Stade Reims
Soccer Betting News
- European Soccer Betting News: Man United Completes Transfer for Sancho
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From July 30th to Aug. 1st
- 2021 Gold Cup Semi-Finals Matches to Bet On: Canada Vs Mexico
- 2021 Gold Cup Semi-Finals Matches to Bet On: Qatar Vs United States
- 2021 Club Friendly European Matches To Bet On: Chelsea vs Arsenal Highlights Week Action