Tottenham hosts Ajax on Tuesday in Leg 1 of their UEFA Champions Leg Semifinal versus the top team in the Dutch Eredivisie, Ajax Amsterdam. The Hotspur knows they must step it up in the first leg because in the second leg they take on Ajax in Amsterdam. Will Tottenham get the win? Or, will Ajax pull off the upset? Check out UEFA Champions League odds and predictions for Leg 1 between Tottenham and Ajax!
Tottenham vs Ajax UEFA Champions League Game 1 Odds, Preview, and Predictions
- When: Tuesday, April 30 at 3:00pm ET
- Where: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Tottenham-London, UK
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: UEFA.com
- Moneyline Odds: Tottenham +133, Ajax +185
- Over/Under Total Odds: Over 2 ½ -115, Under 2 ½ -105
Why Tottenham is a good bet +133?
Tottenham must battle surprise UEFA Champions League semifinalist Ajax without their best player, Harry Kane. Although Tottenham will be without their brightest star, they’re still plenty good enough to beat Ajax on Tuesday.
Tottenham lost 3-4 to Manchester City in their last match. Even though the goal count was the same, Tottenham got the nod because they scored one more goal on the road than Man City did. Beating Manchester City is a big deal and should set the Hotspur up for a great performance on Tuesday.
Form Last 5
- L – 0-1 vs West Ham United
- W – 1-0 vs Brighton & Hove Albion
- L – 0-1 vs Manchester City
- L – 3-4 vs Manchester City
- W – 4-0 vs Huddersfield Town
Why Ajax is a good bet +185?
Ajax dominated one of the best teams in the world, with one of the top soccer players of all time, in their last couple of Champions League matches.
Ajax took down Ronaldo and Juventus in the second leg, 2-1. The second leg took place at Juventus, which makes it even more impressive that Ajax won. In the first leg, Ajax drew 0-0 with Ronaldo and his mates. In addition to beating Juventus in the quarter finals, Ajax also beat Real Madrid in the Round of 16. They can hang with Tottenham even though this takes place in the Hotspur’s stadium.
Form Last 5
- W – 4-2 vs Vitesse Arnhem
- W – 1-0 vs FC Groningen
- W – 2-1 vs Juventus
- W – 6-2 vs Excelsior
- D – 1-1 vs Juventus
- de Ligt
- Van de Beek
- De Jong
Champions League Betting Trends for Tottenham vs Ajax
- Only 1 goal has been scored in each of Tottenham’s last 3 matches
- Tottenham has been outscored 6-4 in their last 3 matches
- Tottenham ha sonly a single goal scored in their last 3 matches
- Ajax has outscored their opponents 15-6 in their last 5 matches
- Ajax is 4-1-0 in their last 5 matches
- Ajax is 4-0 in their last 4 matches
Tottenham vs Ajax Final Analysis:
Everybody knew that losing Harry Kane would have a drastic effect on Tottenham’s offense, but nobody knew how much of an effect it would have. Without Kane, Tottenham’s had trouble putting the ball into the back of the net.
They lost 0-1 to Manchester City, could only beat Brighton & Albion 1-0, and lost 0-1 to West Ham United in their last match. The lost to West Ham was so devastating that coach Mauricio Pochettino urged his team to get over it so that they could focus on Ajax.
Heading into this match, the two teams couldn’t be playing more differently. While Tottenham has had trouble scoring goals. Ajax has dominated their opponents. The squad from Amsterdam is flying high. They can upset the Hotspur on Tuesday.
Champions League Soccer Pick: Ajax +185