Normally a team at the top of the EPL table the past few seasons, Manchester City got off to a soccer betting golden start this season but have struggled recently even to play the most rudimentary defense. When they played Stoke City this past Saturday, Stoke was able to gallop through the back line with impunity. It’s true that two of City’s center halves are hurt, but the depth was not able to provide even basic supervision of the Stoke attack. Eliaquim Mangala had promise but may turn out to be a white elephant. His natural talent is outstanding, but he hasn’t shown the instincts to excel in league play. City tried to ship him to Valencia at the start of the season, but he wanted to show that he could play for City, and they sent Jason Denayer to Galatasaray on a loan instead. City have paid the price for that decision as Mangala is not ready. Martin Demichelis also appears to be declining quickly, making shreds out of City’s defensive depth. Until they can figure that out, they’re not going to be competing for any trophies any time soon. Demichelis has been terrific in the past and has long been a bargain with his 3.5 million pound contract, but he just doesn’t play solid defense anymore. In the offseason, Mangala will probably move along, as will Demichelis, but for now, City simply need to find a way to defend.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Manchester United vs PSG UEFA Champions League Lines & Pick
- Roma vs Porto UEFA Champions League Odds & Game Preview
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 11th Edition
- Manchester City vs Chelsea English Premier League Odds & Pick
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid La Liga Odds & Game Preview
- 2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Betting Preview
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – February 4th Edition
- Liverpool vs Leicester City English Premier League Odds & Pick
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – January 28th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – January 21st Edition
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.