Now that we’ve covered the bout between Amanda Nunes and Valentina Shevchenko, here’s a look at the rest of Saturday’s main card from T-Mobile Arena from Las Vegas, with the latest MMA odds provided by MyBookie.
UFC 213 Main Card MMA Odds & Betting PreviewWhen: July 8, 10 p.m. ETWhere: T-Mobile Arena, Las VegasTV: Pay-Per-ViewLive Stream: UFC.tv
Yoel Romero (12-1) vs. Robert Whittaker (18-4)MMA Odds: Whittaker -125, Romero +105The co-main event is for the interim middleweight title. The champion is Michael Bisping. He was scheduled to fight MMA legend Georges St-Pierre in GSP’s comeback bout, but that bout was called off in May because both guys were dealing with injuries. UFC president Dana White said the promotion could no longer hold up the division while waiting for St-Pierre to return to action.Bisping, who is currently nursing a knee injury, told the former welterweight champ to make the fight happen by Saturday or forfeit his title shot. Assuming that doesn’t happen, Bisping will take on the winner here.“I was supposed to fight GSP. Why wouldn’t I want to fight him? Of course, that would be big business,” Bisping said this week. “I’m sick of everyone saying I don’t want to fight. Honestly, who I fight next? I couldn’t give a shit. I really couldn’t. Whether it’s GSP, whether it’s Yoel, whether it’s Whittaker. … I’m sick of all the bulls**t.”Romero has won his past eight fights and is the No. 1 contender in the division. Whittaker is on a seven-fight winning streak and is ranked No. 3.MMA Odds Prediction: Romero earns his shot against Bisping.
Recent UFC Fight History
- Won – UFC 205. November 12, 2016 vs Chris Weidman. New York City, NY.
- Won – UFC 194. December 12, 2015 vs Ronaldo Souza. Las Vegas, NV.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. June 27, 2015 vs Lyoto Machida. Hollywood, FL.
- Won – UFC 178. September 27, 2014 vs Tim Kennedy. Las Vegas, NV.
- Won – UFC on Fox. April 19, 2014 vs Brad Tavares. Orlando, FL.
- Won – UFC on Fox. April 15, 2017 vs Ronaldo Souza. Kansas City, MO.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. November 27, 2016 vs Derek Brunson. Melbourne, Australia.
- Won – UFC 197. April 23, 2016 vs Rafael Natal. Las Vegas, NV.
- Won – UFC 193. November 15, 2015 vs Uriah Hall. Melbourne, Australia.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. May 10, 2015 vs Brad Tavares. Adelaide, Australia.
Daniel Omielanczuk (19-7- 1) vs. Curtis Blaydes (7-1)MMA Odds: Blaydes -790, Omielanczuk +540Blaydes already has fought one of the UFC’s rising heavyweight stars. His UFC debut came against Francis Ngannou, who at the time at UFC Fight Night 86 in Croatia was a prospect himself. Ngannou won by TKO after a cageside doctor stopped the fight after two rounds.Since then, Blaydes, a Chicago native, has rebounded with TKOs of Cody East and Adam Milstead. Blaydes dominated Milstead at UFC Fight Night 104 in February, then further damaged Milstead’s knee with a slam in the second round, leading to an injury TKO.But after the fight, he tested positive (along with two other fighters from the card) and got a 90-day suspension and $1,000 fine. Omielanczuk is ranked 15 th in the division by the UFC, but has dropped back-to- back fights: a split decision to Timothy Johnson in March and a second-round submission against Stefan Struve in October.MMA Odds Prediction: Blaydes wins by KO or TKO
Recent UFC Fight History
- Loss – UFC Fight Night. March 18, 2017 vs Timothy Johnson. London, England.
- Loss – UFC 204. October 8, 2016 vs Stefan Struve. Manchester, England.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. July 13, 2016 vs Oleksiy Olinyk. Sioux Falls, SD.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. February 27, 2016 vs Jarjis Danho. London, England.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. July 18, 2015 vs Chris de la Rocha. Glasgow, Scotland.
- No Contest – UFC Fight Night. February 4, 2017 vs Adam Milstead. Houston, TX.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. October 1, 2016 vs Cody East. Portland, OR.
- Loss – UFC Fight Night. April 10, 2016 vs Francis Ngannou. Zagreb, Croatia.
- Won – RFA 35. February 19, 2016 vs Luis Cortez. Orem, UT.
- Won – RDMMA: Battle in the South 10. April 10, 2015 vs Allen Crowder. Wilmington, NC.
Fabricio Werdum (21-6- 1) vs. Alistair Overeem (42-15)MMA Odds: Overeem -125, Werdum +105It’s a trilogy fight between two heavyweight legends. Werdum, ranked the No. 1 contender in the division, is 39. He is coming off a unanimous decision victory against Travis Browne, who hurled insults at him prior to their UFC 203 bout.Overeem faced similar verbal attacks from Mark Hunt in his last fight, also a win. Overeem, who fought despite having food poisoning on the day of weigh-ins, admitted his knockout of Hunt was “extra sweet because he was smack-talking a lot.”The winner will next face current champion Stipe Miocic for the UFC heavyweight belt. Miocic already defeated both, Overeem and Werdum in 2016. Werdum and Overeem have split two meetings, one in Pride and one on Strikeforce – both many years ago.MMA Odds Prediction: Werdum by decision
Recent UFC Fight History
- Won – UFC 203. September 10, 2016 vs Travis Browne. Cleveland, OH.
- Loss – UFC 198. May 14, 2016 vs Stipe Miocic. Curitiba, Brazil.
- Won – UFC 188. June 13, 2015 vs Cain Velasquez. Mexico City, Mexico.
- Won – UFC 180. November 15, 2014 vs Mark Hunt. Mexico City, Mexico.
- Won – UFC on Fox. April 19, 2014 vs Travis Brown. Orlando, FL.
- Won – UFC 209. March 4 2017 vs Mark Hunt. Las Vegas, NV.
- Loss – UFC 203. September 10, 2016 vs Stipe Miocic. Cleveland, OH.
- Won – UFC Fight Night. May 8, 2016 vs Andrei Arlovski. Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Won – UFC on Fox. December 19, 2015 vs Junior dos Santos. Orlando, FL.
- Won – UFC 185. March 14, 2015 vs Roy Nelson. Dallas, TX.
Anthony Pettis (19-6) vs. Jim Miller (28-9)MMA Odds: Pettis -245, Miller +195After losing his UFC lightweight title to Rafael dos Anjos in 2015, Pettis went into last year on a mission. He fought four times in 2016, which he hadn’t done since 2010. Results were not great, as he went 1-3. He moved to featherweight for two fights and failed to make weight for a title shot against MaxHolloway in December and lost by TKO. Pettis says he hasn’t lost any passion for the sport and looks at the December debacle as a valuable learning experience. He’s also back where he belongs at lightweight. The last time “Showtime” won a match at lightweight was in December 2014, when he submitted Gilbert Melendez.Before dropping a majority decision to Dustin Poirier in his last fight, Miller was on a three-fight winning streak, with a couple of decision wins over Thiago Alves and Joe Lauzon and a TKO over Takanori Gomi.MMA Odds Prediction: Pettis by submission
Recent UFC Fight History
- Loss – UFC 206. December 10, 2016 vs Max Holloway. Toronto, ON.
- Won – UFC on Fox. August 27, 2016 vs Charles Silveira. Vancouver, BC.
- Loss – UFC 197. April 23, 2016 vs Edson Barboza. Las Vegas, NV.
- Loss – UFC Fight Night. January 17, 2016 vs Eddie Alvarez. Boston, MA.
- Loss – UFC 185. March 14, 2015 vs Rafael dos Anjos. Dallas, TX.
- Loss – UFC 208. February 11, 2017 vs Dustin Poirier. Brooklyn, NY.
- Won – UFC 205. November 12, 2016 vs Thiago Alves. New York City, NY.
- Won – UFC on Fox. April 23, 2016 vs Joe Lauzon. Vancouver, BC.
- Won – UFC 200. July 9, 2016 vs Takanori Gomi. Las Vegas, NV.
- Loss – UFC 196. March 5, 2016 vs Diego Sanchez. Las Vegas, NV.