UFC 214 Main Card Betting Odds, Preview & PredictionsWhen: Saturday, July 29th. Where: Honda Center, Anaheim, California. TV: PPV Live Stream: UFC.tv
Daniel Cormier vs. Jon JonesCormier (19-1) puts his light-heavyweight belt on the line in a rematch against the No. 1 contender Jones (22-1) – who some believe is the greatest pound-for- pound MMA fighter ever. That’s why Jones is a -255 favorite and the champion a big +205 underdog. Jones is a stud in the Octagon, he just has trouble outside it. Jones beat Cormier in the first matchup by unanimous decision at UFC 182. Jones never defended the belt again, however, as the UFC stripped him of the title later that year for legal reasons. Jones pleaded guilty to a hit-and- run in 2015. Jones was then expected to fight against the interim champion Cormier at UFC 200 before being forced to withdraw due to a failed drug test. Jones was suspended for a year. Since their first meeting, Cormier has won four consecutive bouts and is coming off a submission win against Anthony Johnson. Jones’ only appearance in the Octagon during his "lost two years" was a tentative decision win over late replacement Ovince Saint Preux in 2016.
Recent Fight HistoryJon Jones
- Win – UFC 197 vs. Ovince Saint Preux. April 23rd, 2016. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 182 vs. Daniel Cormier. January 3rd, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 172 vs. Glover Teixeira. April 26th, 2014. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Win – UFC 165 vs. Alexander Gustafsson. September 21st, 2013. Toronto, Ontario.
- Win – UFC 159 vs. Chael Sonnen. April 23rd, 2013. Newark, New Jersey.
- Win – UFC 210 vs. Anthony Johnson. April 8th, 2017. Buffalo, New York.
- Win – UFC 200 vs. Anderson Silva. July 9th, 2016. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 192 vs. Alexander Gustafsson. October 3rd, 2015. Houston, Texas
- Win – UFC 187 vs. Anthony Johnson.May 23rd, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Loss – UFC 182 vs. Jon Jones. January 3rd, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Jon Jones: -265, U 4½ +140
- Daniel Cormier: +215, O 4½ -165
Tyron Woodley vs. Demian MaiaWoodley (16-3- 1) is putting his welterweight belt on the line against the division’s No. 1 contender in Maia (25-6). Woodley is a -200 favorite with Maia at +170. Woodley is looking to move on from back-to-back fights against Stephen Thompson. The first meeting was an action-packed affair but ended in a draw at UFC 205 in November. Woodley won an immediate rematch via decision in March. Woodley’s last loss was in 2014 to Rory MacDonald. Maia is an elite Brazilian jiu-jitsu tactician in Maia who is on a seven-fight win streak, most recently a split-decision victory over Jorge Masvidal. Fighting out of Brazil, Maiawent through a four-fight stretch in 2015 and 2016 during which he absorbed just 13 total strikes.
Recent Fight HistoryTyron Woodley
- Win – UFC 209 vs. Stephen Thompson. March 4th, 2017. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Draw – UFC 205 vs. Stephen Thompson. November 12th, 2016. New York City, New York.
- Win – UFC 201 vs. Robbie Lawler. July 30th, 2016. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Win – UFC 183 vs. Kelvin Gastelum. January 31st, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Dong Hyun Kim. August 23rd, 2014. Macau, SAR, China.
- Win – UFC 211 vs. Jorge Masvidal. May 13th, 2017. Dallas, Texas.
- Win – UFC on FOX vs. Carlos Condit. August 27th, 2016. Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Win – UFC 198 vs. Matt Brown. May 14th, 2016. Curitiba, Brazil.
- Win – UFC 194 vs. Gunnar Nelson. December 12th, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 190 vs. Neil Magney. August 1st, 2015. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Tyron Woodley: -200, U 2½ -135
- Demian Maia: +170, O 2½ +115
Cris Cyborg vs. Tonya EvingerThe third and final title fight is for the women’s featherweight belt between arguably the most feared female on the planet in “Cyborg” Justino (16-1) and Evinger (19-5) making her UFC debut. The women’s 145-pound division was only created within UFC in the first place as a showcase for Justino to compete at her natural weight. When Justino wasn’t ready to fight in February, Germaine de Randamie became the most underwhelming champion in UFC history and was recently stripped of the belt for refusing to face Justino. Evinger is replacing Megan Anderson in the fight as she withdrew due to personal reasons. Evinger, 36, is the current 135-pound champion of all-female fight promotion Invicta FC. Evinger made her Invicta FC debut in December 2013, and when she defeated Sarah D’Alelio, it was the first of eight wins in the promotion that earned her a bantamweight title and made her the first choice when Anderson couldn’t go. Cyborg is a huge -1120 favorite with Evinger at +760.
Recent Fight HistoryCris Cyborg
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Lina Länsberg. September 24th, 2016. Brasilia, Brazil.
- Win – UFC 198 vs. Leslie Smith. May 14th, 2016. Curitiba, Brazil.
- Win – Invicta FC 15 vs. Daria Ibragimova. January 16th, 2016. Costa Mesa, California.
- Win – Invicta FC 13 vs. Faith Van Duin. July 9th, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – Invicta FC 11 vs. Charmaine Tweet. February 27th, 2015. Los Angeles, California.
- Win – Invicta FC 22 vs. Yana Kunitskaya. March 25th, 2017. Kansas City, Missouri.
- No Contest – Invicta FC 20 vs. Yana Kunitskaya. November 18th, 2016. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Win – Invicta FC 17 vs. Colleen Schneider. May 7th, 2016. Costa Mesa, California.
- Win – Invicta FC 14 vs. Pannie Kianzad. September 12th, 2015. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Win – Invicta FC 13 vs. Irene Aldana. July 9th, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Cris Cyborg: -1160, U 1½ -250
- Tonya Evinger: +780, O 1½ +200
Robbie Lawler vs. Donald CerroneLawler (27-11) is the No. 3 ranked welterweight and Cerrone (32-8) is No. 7. This had been scheduled for UFC 213 in Las Vegas but Cerrone was forced to pull out. This marks the third time the UFC has scheduled a fight between them. It was first booked to UFC 205 last November, but Lawler withdrew. Lawler hasn’t fought since he suffered a first-round knockout loss to Tyron Woodley in a July 2016 championship fight. Cerrone is coming off a TKO loss to Jorge Masvidal in January. That ended a four- fight winning streak. Lawler is priced at -160 and Cerrone at +135.
Recent Fight HistoryRobbie Lawler
- Loss – UFC 201 vs. Tyron Woodley. July 30th, 2016. Atlanta, Georgia.
- Win – UFC 195 vs. Carlos Condit. January 2th, 2016. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 189 vs. Rory MacDonald. July 11th, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC 181 vs. Johny Hendricks. December 6, 2014. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC on FOX vs. Matt Brown. July 26, 2014. San Jose, California.
- Loss – UFC on FOX vs. Jorge Masvidal. January 28th, 2017. Denver, Colorado.
- Win – UFC 206 vs. Matt Brown. December 10th, 2016. Toronto, Ontario.
- Win – UFC 202 vs. Rick Story. August 20th, 2016. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Patrick Côté. June 18th, 2016. Ottawa, Ontario.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Alex Oliveira. February 21, 2016. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Robbie Lawler: +135, O 2½ -110
- Donald Cerrone: -160, U 2½ -110
Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan OezdemirA light-heavyweight fight – Manuwa is on the card in case something happens to Jones. I’m not even kidding. Oezdemir (14-1) is fresh off a UFC Fight Night 109 upset win over Misha Cirkunov. Manuwa (17-2) has won three of his last four in the Octagon and lobbied hard for a title shot against Cormier following his first-round knockout of Corey Anderson in the UFC Fight Night 107 headliner on March 18. Manuwa is a -180 favorite with Oezdemir at +150.
Recent Fight HistoryJimi Manuwa
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Corey Anderson. March 18, 2017. London, England.
- Win – UFC 204 vs. Ovince Saint Preux. October 8th, 2016. Manchester, England.
- Loss – UFC 191 vs. Anthony Johnson. September 5th, 2015. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Jan Blachowicz. April 11, 2015. Kraków, Poland.
- Loss – UFC Fight Night vs. Alexander Gustafsson. March 8, 2014. London, England.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Misha Cirkunov. May 28th, 2017. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Win – UFC Fight Night vs. Ovince Saint Preux. February 4th, 2017. Houston, Texas.
- Win – WFCA 17 Grand Prix Akhmat vs. Alihan Vahaev. April 9th, 2016. Grozny, Russia.
- Win – SHC 10 vs. Paco Estevez. September 20th, 2014. Geneva, Switzerland.
- Win – Bellator 115 vs. Kelly Anundson. April 4th, 2014. Reno, Nevada.
- Jimi Manuwa: -180, U 1½ -170
- Volkan Oezdemir: +150, O 1½ +145