Need something live to wager on at Mybookie before the college football action begins Saturday? Good news: UFC Fight Night 160 is staging a card in Copenhagen that sees the prelims start at 11 a.m. ET. Here’s a look at the top two fights on the card and their latest UFC betting odds. It’s UFC’s first-ever visit to Denmark.
UFC Fight Night 160 Odds, Hermansson vs Cannonier Betting & Expert Pick
- When: Saturday, 2 PM ET (main card starts)
- Where: Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Live Stream: ESPN+
Jack Hermansson (20-4) vs. Jared Cannonier (12-4)
- UFC Fight Night 160 Odds: Hermansson -285
Middleweight bout with Hermansson at -285 and Cannonier +225. Hermansson, from neighboring Norway, has won his past four and beat Ronaldo Souza at UFC Fight Night 150 in April. Hermansson took Souza down repeatedly and came within inches of submitting him with a tight guillotine in the first round. He would win by unanimous decision.
Hermansson was aiming to hand Souza the first submission loss of his career and wasn’t thrilled it went the distance: I didn’t want it to go five rounds. It’s terrible to be in there for five rounds. It’s a long time, I was super tired and I wanted to get out of there. My coaches were telling me ‘Now Jack, in this round you’re going to keep the distance’ and I’m like ‘No I ain’t. I am going to take him down. I want to be on top. Don’t want to stick and move and I don’t want to dance. I want to be out of here.’ So, I threw a couple of hard punches to take him down.”
Before “Jacare,” he beat David Branch via submission in under a minute. “The Joker” has been clamoring to fight on the UFC Copenhagen card since it was announced. Hermansson has earned 16 of his 20 career victories by stoppage. That includes four of his seven UFC wins.
Hermansson has the highest significant strike differential rate in UFC middleweight history (+2.87). Hermansson absorbs 2.37 significant strikes per minute in UFC middleweight competition, the third best rate among active fighters in the weight class behind Antonio Carlos Junior (1.75) and Krzysztof Jotko (1.81).
What about Cannonier?
Cannonier, an American, beat the legendary but past-his-prime Anderson Silva in May at UFC 237. Late in the first round, Cannonier landed a big kick to the inside of Silva’s right leg. Upon impact, Silva crumbled to the mat and grabbed his knee in pain. Referee Herb Dean waved off the bout, ruling Cannonier the winner. Cannonier landed several kicks to Silva’s leg before the finishing blow, and the area around Silva’s knee was already bruised.
He has won two straight and put his name on the list of contenders at middleweight after fighting at both heavyweight and light heavyweight in UFC. Cannonier won his middleweight debut against David Branch at UFC 230 last November.For this match, Cannonier competes in his first UFC headliner. Cannonier has earned 10 of his 12 career victories by stoppage. That includes four of his five UFC wins.
Gunnar Nelson (17-4-1) vs. Gilbert Burns (16-3)
- UFC Fight Night 160 Odds: Burns -126
Welterweight fight with Burns at -126 and Nelson -104. Former UFC Welterweight contender Thiago Alves was scheduled to face Nelson at the event. However, Alves pulled out of the fight in mid-September due to an undisclosed injury and was replaced by Burns.
Nelson, from Iceland, is off a split-decision loss to Leon Edwards at UFC on ESPN+ 6 in March in an outcome that saw him fall to 4-4 in his past eight fights after opening his career undefeated through his first 14 pro contests. In addition to Edwards, Nelson has also lost to Santiago Ponzinibbio, Demian Maia and Rick Story.
Nelson has a rich Karate background to go with good grappling skills. These traits have earned him four wins by KO or TKO, all of which happened early in his career. He, in turn, has been stopped once by knockout.
Nelson’s six submission victories in UFC welterweight competition are tied with Chris Lytle for most in divisional history. Nelson has completed at least one takedown in 10 of his 12 UFC appearances.
What about Burns?
Burns makes his second UFC appearance in a 48-day stretch. He defeated Alexey Kunchenko at UFC on ESPN+ 14 in August. Burns, from Brazil, is on a three-fight winning streak overall. He went on a seven-fight winning streak to start his career in Brazil, and when he was signed by the UFC, he added three more wins. Apart from Dan Hooker, he has also lost to Michel Prazeres and Rashid Magomedov.
Burns has tapped four opponents in the Octagon, namely Mike Davis, Lukasz Sajewski, Alex Oliveira and Christos Giagos. In all, he owns eight wins by submission. Burns’ three armbar victories in UFC competition are tied for third most in company history behind Royce Gracie (four) and Demetrious Johnson (four).
Expert UFC Fight Night 160 Betting PicksHermansson by KO/TKO and Nelson by submission.
Rest of the UFC Fight Night 160 Card
- Mark Madsen vs. Danilo Belluardo
- Ion Cuțelaba vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Nicolas Dalby vs. Alex Oliveira
- Alen Amedovski vs. John Phillips
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Ismail Naurdiev
- Brandon Davis vs. Giga Chikadze
- Macy Chiasson vs. Lina Länsberg
- Lando Vannata vs. Marc Diakiese
- Jack Shore vs. Nohelin Hernandez
More UFC Betting News
- UFC 2020 Rumors & Betting News October 19th Edition
- UFC Fight Night: Ortega Vs Jung Expert Analysis
- 2020 UFC Rumors & Betting News October 12th Edition
- UFC Fight Night: Moraes vs Sandhagen MMA Expert Analysis
- UFC 2020 Betting News & Rumors Oct. 5th Edition
- UFC Fight Night: Holm Vs Aldana Expert Analysis
- UFC 2020 Betting News & Rumors September 29th Edition
- MyBookie Boosted Saturday Celebrates Sports Return
- UFC 253: Adesanya Vs Costa Expert Analysis
- 2020 UFC Betting Rumors & News – Sept. 21st Edition
- UFC Fight Night: Covington Vs Woodley Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Waterson Vs Hill Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs Sakai Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Rakic Odds & Picks