Iowa Odds | 2019 College Football Betting Lines
Most recent posts
Purdue vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Preview
The chances for No. 23 Iowa to win the Big Ten West Division are on life support after back-to-back tough losses and they will be essentially gone should the Hawkeyes be upset on Saturday at home as nearly three-TD college football betting favorites vs. Purdue.
How to Bet Purdue vs Iowa College Football Week 8 Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, noon ET
- Where: Kinnick Stadium
- TV: ESPN2
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: SiriusXM
- Opening NCAAF Lines: Iowa -18 (Total 49.5)
In 2018, Iowa lost 38-36 in Purdue. Boilers kicker Spencer Evans made a 25-yard field goal with 8 seconds left. David Blough marched the Boilermakers 43 yards and put the ball on the left hash mark for the decisive field goal. Blough was 23 of 32 with 333 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions while hooking up with Terry Wright for three scores. Nate Stanley threw for 275 yards with one TD and ran for another score but it was Iowa’s vaunted defense that let down the Hawkeyes.
Purdue holds a 48-38-3 advantage in the series that began with a 16-0 Iowa win in 1910. Purdue has won the last two meetings.
Why Bet on Purdue?
The Boilers beat Maryland 40-14 last week. Purdue redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Plummer threw for a career-best 420 yards and three touchdowns. Plummer had a prolific day, completing 33 of 41 passes for a single-game Purdue record completion percentage of 80.5 percent for those throwing at least 40 passes. His 420 yards passing are the second-most by a freshman in program history. He also became the first freshman in the nation this season to throw for at least 400 yards with at least three touchdowns and no interceptions.
Senior tight end Brycen Hopkins had career highs of 10 receptions and 140 yards, while true freshman David Bell had nine receptions for 138 yards and two touchdowns. Redshirt freshman cornerback Cory Trice picked off two Maryland passes, returning one for a touchdown late in the first half.
Hopkins’ reception total was the most by a Purdue tight end since Tim Stratton finished with 12 against Washington State in the 2001 Sun Bowl and his yardage total the most by a Boilermaker at his position since Dustin Keller had 150 vs. Central Michigan in the 2007 Motor City Bowl. Plummer was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week and Bell the conference’s Freshman of the Week.
Four freshmen scored all five touchdowns – it marked the first time since at least 1997 that even three freshmen scored a touchdown in a game for Purdue. The Boilers’ 547 yards of total offense were the 13th most in a game against Big Ten opposition in school history. Purdue’s 11 third-down conversions were the 13th most in a game in school history. Purdue’s third-down conversion percentage of 61.1 percent was its highest with at least 18 attempts since Nov. 14, 2009, vs. Michigan State.
Freshman defensive end George Karlaftis paces Purdue with 9.5 tackles for loss and four sacks. His six-game total for TFLs is merely 3.5 away from Cornel Jones’ team high of 12.5 from last season and he needs 1.5 sacks to equal Markus Bailey’s team-best 5.5 from the 2018 campaign.
- Points per Game: 24.80
- Passing Yards: 305.40
- Rushing Yards: 50.80
- Yards per Play: 5.19
- Points per Game: 33.00
- Passing Yards: 290.00
- Rushing Yards: 162.80
- Yards per Play: 6.20
Why Bet on Iowa?
After losing a close game two weeks at ranked Michigan, Iowa lost another tough one at home last Saturday vs. ranked Penn State 17-12. The Hawkeyes out-gained the Nittany Lions, 356-294, but Penn State turned two second-half turnovers — a third quarter fumble and fourth quarter interception — into 10 points to hand Iowa its second straight loss.
Senior Nate Stanley completed 25-of-43 attempts for 286 yards and a touchdown. Stanley raised his career total TD passing total to 61 and tied Drew Tate for second all-time in program history. He trails Chuck Long (74) on the all-time list. Stanley totaled 281 yards of offense tonight, raising his career total to 6,720 yards of total offense, fifth all-time. He passed Chuck Hartlieb tonight on Iowa’s all-time list.
Stanley has started the last 32 games at quarterback (21-11), and the Hawkeyes have averaged 28.8 points per game in those starts. That average ranks fifth in school history. Stanley is 13-5 at Kinnick Stadium, 6-5 in conference games at Kinnick. Junior Brandon Smith made seven catches for 86 yards and a touchdown. Penn State limited Iowa’s rushing attack to 70 yards on 30 attempts with freshman Tyler Goodson leading the way with eight carries for 35 yards.
End A.J. Epenesa leads a defense that ranks fifth in the country in scoring defense (10.2 ppg) and total defense (260.8). Those marks rank fourth in the Big Ten, respectively. The Hawkeyes have allowed just 81 first downs, fifth fewest in the country and second in the Big Ten.
- Points per Game: 27.40
- Passing Yards: 250.00
- Rushing Yards: 174.20
- Yards per Play: 5.76
- Points per Game: 8.80
- Passing Yards: 167.40
- Rushing Yards: 86.80
- Yards per Play: 4.80
Purdue vs Iowa College Football Week 8 Betting Trends
- Road team is 8-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings
- Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings in Iowa
- Boilermakers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games against an opponent in the Big 10 conference
- Boilermakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games played in October
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Purdue’s last 13 games on the road
- Hawkeyes are 13-7 SU in their last 20 games played in October
- Hakweyes are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing at home against Purdue
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Iowa’s last 5 games played on a Saturday
Expert Final Score Prediction for Purdue vs Iowa
Purdue 17 – Iowa 27
More Week 8 College Football Betting News
- Posts not found
Iowa Hawkeyes Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Iowa Hawkeyes Game Odds, Hawkeyes Live Odds, This Weeks Iowa Hawkeyes team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Iowa team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Hawkeyes Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, Iowa NCAA Football News & other info on the Iowa Hawkeyes. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Iowa Hawkeyes Today!
- Wisconsin vs Iowa NCAA Football Week 4 Odds & Prediction
- 2017 Pinstripe Bowl Odds, Preview & Pick: Boston College vs. Iowa
- Can Iowa Pull Off Another Upset in the NCAAF Week 11 Odds Against Wisconsin?
- College Football Week 10 Lines & Game Preview: Ohio State vs. Iowa
- Florida vs Iowa Outback Bowl Odds, Pick & TV Info
- Nebraska at Iowa Odds, Pick & TV Info
- Week 11 College Football Betting Lines: Michigan At Iowa
- Week 10 College Football Expert Picks: Iowa At Penn State
- Wisconsin At Iowa College Football Winning Predictions
- Iowa At Rutgers College Football Winning Favorites
- North Dakota at Iowa Free Pick & Odds
- Iowa State vs Iowa Week 2 Expert Pick & Odds
- Michigan at Iowa Week 11 College Football Winning Predictions
- Iowa at Penn State Week 10 Free Pick & Odds
- Wisconsin at Iowa College Football Winning Predictions
- Stanford Cardinal vs. Iowa Hawkeyes 2015 Rose Bowl Game Odds
- Iowa vs Michigan State Big 10 Championship Game Odds Preview
- Is Iowa Really Worthy of the College Football Playoff?
2019 NCAA Football
Iowa Hawkeyes | College Football Playoff National Championship