Kent State Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
kent state Schedule
kent state Standings
kent state Injuries
Most recent posts
Kent State Golden Flashes Odds
2021 Kent State Golden Flashes Headlines, Best Lines
|University||Kent State University|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Football Stadium||Dix Stadium|
|Mascot||Flash the Golden Eagle|
Akron vs. Kent State | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
There were supposed to be three college football games from the Mid-American Conference on Tuesday night but one, Ohio at Miami of Ohio, was canceled due to the coronavirus. The late matchup Tuesday features Akron at state rival Kent State on ESPN.
How to Bet Akron at Kent State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Tuesday, 8 PM ET
- Where: Dix Stadium
- TV: ESPN
- Stream: ESPN app
- Opening NCAAF Lines: Kent State -24 (total 59.5)
Akron was the only winless team in the country last season and was blasted 26-3 by Kent State. Dustin Crum threw a touchdown pass, and Matthew Trickett kicked four field goals as the Flashes snapped a four-game skid against the Zips in the annual Crystal Clinic Wagon Wheel trophy game. Crum’s 49-yard pass to Isaiah McKoy capped Kent State’s opening drive, Trickett added a 36-yard field goal and Will Matthews scored on a 5-yard run for a 17-3 halftime lead. Trickett kicked a 43-yard field goal in the fourth quarter and a 45-yarder after Jabbar Price recovered a fumble. Crum was 16 of 21 for 149 yards passing and gained 82 yards on 14 carries while Matthews gained 126 yards on 25 tries.
The schools separated by just 13 miles are meeting for the 63rd time on the football field. Akron owns a 35-25-2 advantage all-time but the Wagon Wheel Trophy Game is 24-24-1.
Why Bet on Akron? | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
Because the Ohio-Miami of Ohio game was canceled, this was shifted to ESPN and 8 p.m. ET. It was originally slated to kickoff at 7 p.m. and be broadcast on ESPNU.
Akron (0-2) comes off a 24-10 loss at Ohio last Tuesday. The Zips were 27.5-point underdogs, coming off a Week 1 loss by 45 points and carrying an 18-game losing streak. Yet, Akron rose above the adversity to keep the game close, down only 17-10 heading late into the fourth quarter before Ohio salted the game away with a touchdown run by De’Montre Tuggle with 2:02 remaining.
Junior Teon Dollard has a career-high 165 yards rushing and Akron total 217 yards overall yet still managed just 10 points. The Zips finished with 435 combined offensive yards. Dollard became Akron’s first 100-yard rusher since Van Edwards Jr. ran for 109 yards vs. Morgan State on Sept. 28, 2018, with a 39-yard scamper on a 3rd-and-1 play from the Zips’ 39-yard line. Dollard has more rushing yards after two games this year (232) than the Akron’s leading rusher had all last year in 12 games combined (Brandon Lee, 179 total rushing yards).
Dollard’s 165 yards represented the highest single-game rushing total since Jawon Chisholm ran for 184 yards against Kent State on Nov. 28, 2014. Redshirt freshman QB Zach Gibson passed for a career-high 218 yards (18-of-30), including connecting with six different receivers.
Akron is looking for its first-ever win under second-year head coach Tom Arth. The Zips were tabbed to finish sixth in the East Division in a pair of 2020 Mid-American Conference Football Preseason Polls by the members of the MAC coaches and media.
Five Akron football players were named to Phil Steele’s 2020 preseason All-Mid-American Conference teams. Earning preseason first-team All-MAC was sophomore KR Michael Mathison. Named to the preseason second-team All-MAC was redshirt junior LB Bubba Arslanian.
The Zips are just 109th in the FBS in passing offense this season with an average of 172 yards per game. Akron is tied for 57th in the nation in rushing with an average of 173.5 yards per contest. The Zips are 123rd of 125 FBS teams to take the field this season in scoring offense with an average of 11.5 points per game.
Why Bet on Kent State? | 2020 NCAAF Expert Analysis
Kent State (2-0) trashed Bowling Green 62-24 last Tuesday to improve to 2-0 for the first time since 1988. Dustin Crum sprinkled the ball around to the tune of a career-high four touchdowns. The senior finished 18-for-27 for 271 yards and added 25 rushing yards.
Isaiah McKoy had an impressive night, reeling in six passes for 74 yards and two touchdowns. It was McKoy’s second career multi-touchdown game. The Golden Flashes threw for 372 yards and rushed for another 295 on their way to a 667-yard offensive depth charge. The converted 34 first downs, including 11-for-19 on third down.
Kent State rolled up a commanding 667-365 edge in total offense, racked up a 34-16 advantage in first downs and controlled the clock by a 32:14 to 27:46 margin.
Kent State rushed for 295 yards against the Falcons. That marks the fifth straight game the team has rushed for over 200 yards as a team. The Golden Flashes pass defense was stout against the Falcons, holding BG to just 105 yards passing. That is the fewest passing yards allowed since holding Western Michigan to 97 in 2017.
The Golden Flashes are 13th in rushing offense with an average of 253.5 yards per contest. Kent State is 10th in the FBS in scoring offense with an average of 44.5 points per contest. The Golden Flashes are 37th in the country in scoring defense as they allow 23.5 points per game.
Kent State has won six in a row dating to last season. That is the longest win streak since they ran off 10-straight wins in the 2012 season. At 34 years of age, Sean Lewis remains the youngest head coach in the FBS and is in his third season with the Golden Flashes. Lewis engineered a five-win improvement from year one to year two, closing the 2019 season on a four-game win streak.
- Zips are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 meetings.
- Zips are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Kent State.
- Underdog is 10-4 ATS in their last 14 meetings.
- Home team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
- Under is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.
- Kent State 45, Akron 20
College Football Betting News
- NCAAF Northwestern Wildcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season Total Wins Betting Preview
- Five NCAA Football Teams Totals Odds to Bet On & Five to Ignore
- NCAAF Iowa State Cyclones Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF Cincinnati Bearcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
Kent State Golden Flashes Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Kent State Golden Flashes Game Odds, Golden Flashes Live Odds, This Weeks Kent State Golden Flashes team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Kent State team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Golden Flashes Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, Kent State NCAA Football News & other info on the Kent State Golden Flashes. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Kent State Golden Flashes Today!
- Akron vs. Kent State | 2020 NCAAF Expert AnalysisThere were supposed to be three college football games from the Mid-American Conference on Tuesday night but one, Ohio at Miami of Ohio, was canceled due to the coronavirus. The late matchup Tuesday features Akron at state rival Kent State on ESPN. How to Bet Akron at Kent State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info When: Tuesday, 8 PM ET Read More
- Utah State vs Kent State 2019 Frisco Bowl Lines & Expert AnalysisFor the first time since 1974, Utah State of the Mountain West Conference and Kent State of the Mid-American Conference will meet in football. They square off in Friday’s Frisco Bowl from a smallish soccer stadium outside Dallas with Utah State dominating the NCAAF Odds. How to Bet Utah State vs Kent State 2019 Frisco Bowl Odds & Game Info Read More
- Kent State vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 6 Spread & Game PreviewNo. 8 Wisconsin hasn’t been challenged yet this season and that’s not likely to change on Saturday when the Badgers welcome Mid-American Conference school Kent State. The only likely drama for Kent State vs Wisconsin will be if Kent State scores a point. The Badgers are more than five-TD favorites on the NCAA football odds. How to Bet Kent State Read More
- Kent State vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 3 Spread & PickAfter blowing their week 2 opponent completely out of the water and getting set to face a clearly inferior Kent State program, the big question concerning No. 11 Penn State’s Week 3 matchup against Kent State is whether or not the Nittany Lions will cover the NCAAF Spread as insane five-touchdown home favorites. If you’re looking for some college football Read More
- Louisville Are Huge Favorites in the NCAAF Lines vs. Kent StateIt will be interesting to see which team shows up for No. 19 Louisville on Saturday. The Cardinals should slaughter MAC school Kent State in the NCAAF lines but could be very flat off being crushed at home last week by Clemson to end any national title hopes. With Louisville at -42 in the College Football odds for Week 4, Read More
- College Football Week 1 Lines & Prediction on Kent State at ClemsonHeading into the college football season as the defending National Champion means playing every game with a massive target on your back. The Clemson Tigers have been to back to back championship games, finally getting one over on the Alabama Crimson Tide last season. Being the champ also usually means starting the next season as the favorite to win it Read More
- WMU at Kent State Betting Spread, Free Pick & TV InfoWe have us some more MACtion midweek college football betting this Tuesday as the conference’s best team, No. 17 Western Michigan, looks to stay among the few unbeatens left nationally and atop the MAC West Division as it visits Kent State with the Broncos as big favorites in the college football odds. WMU at Kent State Betting Spread, Free Pick Read More
- Kent State at Alabama College Football Expert PicksWe always talk about the old cliché of how difficult it is to repeat as a champion. On top of that, we also look at the defending champion and look for little flaws that might make it totally impossible for them to win it all again. In the case of the Alabama Crimson Tide, those flaws looked pretty glaring coming Read More
- College Football Winless Teams First Bowl Wins OddsThere are currently 10 schools in Division I that have yet to win a bowl game in school history. Let’s examine the four that have failed in multiple attempts and their college football odds in ending that drought in the 2015 season. You may notice a Mid-American Conference trend. Taking A Closer Look at the NCAA Football Winless Teams First Read More
- Posts not found
Sports in the State of Ohio
NCAA Teams | Division I
Kent State Golden Flashes Odds | 2021 NCAA Football
Kent State Golden Flashes | College Football Playoff National Championship
College Football Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest College Football Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Thank you for such a great service!
I like my bookie because it’s easy to navigate and payouts are fast and easy
Response from MyBookie Online Sportsbook
Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers here at MyBookie.