Northwestern Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
Northwestern Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
There are currently no lines available for this sport. Either there are no odds open to bet on, or the sport is not in season at this time. You can check back soon or bet on any of the online sportsbook lines and betting odds listed below:
Most recent posts
Northwestern Wildcats Odds
2021 Northwestern Wildcats Headlines, Best Lines
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Football Stadium||Ryan Field|
|Mascot||Willie the Wildcat|
Auburn vs. Northwestern Citrus Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting Analysis
Auburn has hired Boise State’s Bryan Harsin as its new head coach to replace the fired Gus Malzahn, but defensive coordinator Kevin Steele will serve as the Tigers’ interim head coach for Friday’s Citrus Bowl against No. 14 Northwestern. The Wildcats are favored on the College Football odds.
How to Bet Auburn vs. Northwestern NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
When: Friday, 1 PM ET
Where: Camping World Stadium, Orlando
Stream: ESPN app
Opening NCAAF Lines: Northwestern -3.5 (total 43.5)
It’s the second-ever meeting between the Wildcats and Tigers and the first since Auburn’s overtime victory over Northwestern at the 2010 Outback Bowl in nearby Tampa.
It’s Auburn’s sixth appearance in the game, tied with Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Penn State for the most all-time. Auburn is 3-2 in its five previous trips. Northwestern has played in the Citrus Bowl once, coming in 1997 and losing to a Peyton Manning-led Tennessee squad.
Why Bet on Auburn?
As noted above, Boise State’s Bryan Harsin is the new Auburn coach but he’ll be simply watching this game from somewhere. He replaces Gus Malzahn, who was fired earlier this month after eight seasons with the Tigers. The 44-year-old Harsin was 69-19 with three Mountain West titles in seven seasons at Boise State, his alma mater. Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele was considered for the full-time job but will likely not be retained by Harsin after Steele serves as interim coach for this one.
Auburn fired Malzahn after a 24-10 win over Mississippi State on Dec. 12 gave the Tigers a 6-4 record. – Tank Bigsby rushed for a career-high 192 yards, Bo Nix threw and ran for fourth-quarter touchdowns and Anders Carlson kicked three field goals. Bigsby’s 192-yard performance on 26 carries was the third best by an Auburn freshman behind only Travis Tidwell’s 222-yard game vs. Furman in 1946 and Tommie Agee’s 219 yards vs. Maryland in 1983.
Auburn’s defense intercepted two passes and made six sacks while allowing only one touchdown. The Tigers’ defense sealed the victory by sacking Mississippi State quarterback Will Rogers three times on the Bulldogs’ final two possessions.
Bigsby (undisclosed) hopes to play in the Citrus Bowl. When asked about the freshman phenom’s playing status, OC Chad Morris said "We’re hoping. We’ll see about that on Friday." It seems like this could be a COVID or contact tracing situation as Bigsby was healthy enough to play in the regular-season finale.
Arguably the best freshman running back in the nation, there has been some speculation that Bigsby is considering leaving Auburn following Malzahn’s firing. Bigsby, who ranks second among FBS freshman with 834 rushing yards, shared SEC Freshman of the Year honors with Missouri quarterback Connor Bazelak.
Auburn wideout Anthony Schwartz is expected to sit out the game. The junior wide receiver, who may be the fastest player in college football, leads the Tigers in reception (54) while ranking second in receiving yards (636) and touchdowns (three).
Defensive backs Christian Tutt and Jamien Sherwood are also expected to sit. Sherwood ranks third on the team in total tackles (65), while also tallying 3.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sacks, three pass breakups, one quarterback hurry and two fumble recoveries. Tutt, who has also returned three punts for 30 yards, has 31 total tackles, one pass breakup, one quarterback hurry and one fumble recovery.
The Tigers enter this matchup allowing an average of 23.7 points and 400.9 total yards per game on the season and have held opposing offenses to just 163.1 rushing yards per game.
Why Bet on Northwestern?
The Wildcats (6-2) gave Ohio State trouble in the Big Ten title game but lost 22-10 on Dec. 19. The Wildcats’ defense limited Heisman Trophy candidate and quarterback Justin Fields to a career-low 114 passing yards as a Buckeye.
Northwestern held Ohio State to a field goal on the game’s opening drive, the first time an Ohio State opponent has prevented an opening-drive touchdown this season. The Wildcats have yet to allow an opening-drive touchdown this season.
Ohio State’s six points in the first half was its lowest this season and the first time the Buckeyes failed to score a touchdown during the initial two frames of a game in over two years. During OSU’s final drive of the first half, defensive back Brandon Joseph snatched his nation-leading sixth interception of the season in the end zone. Joseph earned Associated Press All-America first team honors.
Northwestern converted on a fourth down in the fourth quarter. The Wildcats have at least one fourth down conversion in every game this season and converted 15 times in total, tied for eighth most in the nation and the most in the Big Ten. The 71.4% conversion rate is the highest for any Big Ten team and tied for the second most in the nation for all teams with at least 21 attempts.
Northwestern tied a season high with 3.0 sacks, combining for a loss of 29 yards. The ‘Cats also had 7.0 tackles for loss, bringing their season total to 50.0, tied for their most through eight games since 2017.
Cornerback Greg Newsome decided to turn pro and will forego the Wildcats’ bowl game. The junior cornerback was one of the Big Ten’s best this season, finishing the year with one interception and ten pass breakups. Newsome was hurt vs. Ohio State and may not have been able to play in the bowl regardless.
Northwestern ranks fifth nationally in scoring defense, allowing 15.5 points per game. The Wildcats’ pass defense is also among the strongest in the country and has held opponents to 182.2 passing yards per game. Northwestern is the only school among Power Five programs to have three active players with at least 200 career total tackles. Seniors Paddy Fisher, Blake Gallagher and Chris Bergin have a combined 932 total tackles.
Tigers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
Tigers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Big Ten.
Tigers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in January.
Wildcats are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
Wildcats are 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
Wildcats are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 non-conference games.
Northwestern 20, Auburn 17
College Football Betting News
- NCAAF Northwestern Wildcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF 2021 Regular Season Total Wins Betting Preview
- Five NCAA Football Teams Totals Odds to Bet On & Five to Ignore
- NCAAF Iowa State Cyclones Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
- NCAAF Cincinnati Bearcats Odds & Analysis for the 2021 Season
Northwestern Wildcats Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Northwestern Wildcats Game Odds, Wildcats Live Odds, This Weeks Northwestern Wildcats team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Northwestern team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Wildcats Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, Northwestern NCAA Football News & other info on the Northwestern Wildcats. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Northwestern Wildcats Today!
- Auburn vs. Northwestern Citrus Bowl Odds | 2020 NCAAF Expert Betting AnalysisAuburn has hired Boise State’s Bryan Harsin as its new head coach to replace the fired Gus Malzahn, but defensive coordinator Kevin Steele will serve as the Tigers’ interim head coach for Friday’s Citrus Bowl against No. 14 Northwestern. The Wildcats are favored on the College Football odds. How to Bet Auburn vs. Northwestern NCAA Football Odds & TV Info Read More
- Big Ten Football Returns This WeekBack in mid-August, the Big Ten canceled its football season for 2020 because of the coronavirus and planned to play in the winter/spring of 2021. However, that decision didn’t go over well with coaches, players, fans, even President Trump. The ACC, Big 12 and SEC started their seasons in September and finally the pressure was too much for fairly new Read More
- Minnesota vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds & Betting AnalysisAfter having their unbeaten run unceremoniously snapped last weekend, eighth-ranked Minnesota will look to bounce back in a big way when they hit the road to take on unranked Northwestern in their Week 13 Big Ten matchup on Saturday. With the Wildcats looking to record back-to-back victories for the first time this season and the Gophers desperate to give their Read More
- Iowa vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game PreviewThe 19th-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes will be looking to record consecutive victories when they hit the road to take on a Northwestern Wildcats team that will be desperate to snap their four-game losing streak in this Big Ten battle. Now, let’s find out if the Wildcats can get the big upset at home or at least cover the chalk as a Read More
- Ohio State vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & PredictionOhio State battles one of its toughest foes from last season, the Northwestern Wildcats. Will the 2019 Wildcats challenge the undefeated Buckeyes? Or, will Ohio State continue rolling through it’s Big Ten competition? Check out college football odds, analysis, and a free pick for Ohio State vs Northwestern! Ohio State vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 8 Lines & Prediction Read More
- Northwestern vs Wisconsin 2019 College Football Week 5 Spread & Expert PickNo. 8 Wisconsin is now the clear favorite to win the Big Ten West Division for the third time in the past four years and the Badgers are heavy favorites on the NCAA football odds on Saturday against defending West Division champion Northwestern. How to Bet Northwestern vs Wisconsin College Football Week 5 Spread & Game Info When: Saturday, noon Read More
- Northwestern at Michigan State NCAA Football Week 6 OddsMichigan State hosts Northwestern in what’s become an intense rivalry game. Can Northwestern play the Spartans tough enough to win against the spread? Or, will Michigan State dominate the rival Wildcats? Check out our college football odds, analysis, and a free pick for Michigan State versus Northwestern! Northwestern at Michigan State NCAA Football Week 6 Odds 📸 1st Half Photo Read More
- Posts not found
Sports in the State of Illinois
NCAA Teams | Division I
Northwestern Wildcats Odds | 2021 NCAA Football
Northwestern Wildcats | College Football Playoff National Championship
College Football Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest College Football Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Thank you for such a great service!
I like my bookie because it’s easy to navigate and payouts are fast and easy
Response from MyBookie Online Sportsbook
Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers here at MyBookie.