penn state lions
Penn State Odds | 2021 College Football Betting Lines
penn state Schedule
penn state Standings
penn state Injuries
Most recent posts
Penn State Nittany Lions Odds
2021 Penn State Nittany Lions Headlines, Best Lines
|University||Pennsylvania State University|
|Location||State College, Pennsylvania|
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|NCAA||Division I / FBS|
|Football Stadium||Beaver Stadium|
|Nickname||Nittany Lions (and Lady Lions)|
No. 3 Ohio State vs No. 18 Penn State Preview | 2020 NCAA Expert Analysis
The clear marquee game around college football on Saturday is from the Big Ten as No. 3 Ohio State visits No. 18 Penn State. This would have been a Top-10 matchup had the Nittany Lions not lost last week.
How to Bet Ohio State at Penn State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info
- When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Beaver Stadium
- TV: ABC
- Stream: ESPN app
- Opening NCAAF Lines: OSU -12 (total 63.5)
Penn State lost at No. 2 Ohio State late in the 2019 regular season 28-17. Justin Hillard intercepted Penn State backup Will Levis’ pass and the Buckeyes stopped the Nittany Lions on fourth down on two late drives. J.K. Dobbins rushed for 157 yards and two touchdowns, and Justin Fields threw for 188 yards and two scores for Ohio State. Penn State took advantage of two second-half turnovers to climb back in the game after trailing 21-0. Lions starting QB Sean Clifford left in the third quarter with an injury.
Saturday will be the 36th all-time meeting between Ohio State and Penn State and the 27th since the Nittany Lions joined the Big Ten in 1993. The Buckeyes lead the series 20-14 and are 8-6 in games played in State College. Since 2014, five of the six games have been decided by 11 points or less and three of them featuring fourth-quarter comebacks.
Why Bet on Ohio State? | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisOSU opened its season with an easy 52-17 win over Nebraska. The Buckeyes, who have now won six straight in the series, have claimed 35 straight home openers in Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes controlled the final 30 minutes handily scoring a pair of touchdowns in each of the third and fourth quarters.
QB and Heisman Trophy candidate completed all but one of his 21 pass attempts for 276 yards and two touchdowns. He added another 54 yards on the ground. Fields’ .952 completion percentage was is the second highest in a single game and the best by a quarterback with 11 or more attempts.
Garrett Wilson nabbed seven balls on the day for 129 yards, while counterpart Chris Olave hauled in six grabs to also eclipse the century mark (104). Ohio State finished with two 100-yard receivers in a game for the first time since Terry McLaurin and Johnnie Dixon did it in 2018 at Maryland.
The Buckeyes have scored more offensive touchdowns since 2012 (595) than any other team in the country. In the Ryan Day era (2017-present), Ohio State has scored 40 or more points in 25 of 43 games (58 percent) and 30 or more 32 times. Only four teams – Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ohio State and Alabama – have scored 30+ points in at least 70 percent of their games since 2017.
For this game, Ohio State is 29-5 since 2012 against Associated Press Top 25 teams and has won 16 consecutive games over ranked Big Ten opponents (including conference championship games). That’s the longest streak in the AP poll era (1936). In that span, the Buckeyes are 9-0 on the road with wins over Michigan State (2012, 2014), Michigan (2015, 2019), Penn State (2018), Oklahoma (2016), Minnesota (2014), Wisconsin (2016) and Northwestern (2013).
Why Bet on Penn State? | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisPenn State absolutely blew last week’s game, a 36-35 OT loss to Indiana. Up 21-20 with less than two minutes left, Penn State forced a turnover on downs deep in Indiana territory, and with the Hoosiers down to one timeout, the Nittany Lions could have used up most or all of the clock.
But Devyn Ford raced untouched toward the end zone and, realizing his mistake a split second too late, fell in for a touchdown and a 28-20 lead. Indiana then proceeded to drive 75 yards, scoring with 22 seconds left and converting the tying 2-point attempt on a Michael Penix Jr. run. Penn State coach James Franklin said the plan was to stop short of the goal line.
PSU scored first in OT, but Indiana scored on its possession and opted to try for 2. Hoosiers QB Michael Penix ran left and dove, extending the football towards the pylon, making contact with both it and the ground out of bounds, for what was ruled a touchdown.
PSU quarterback Sean Clifford accounted for four touchdowns, including a late go-ahead touchdown pass and an overtime touchdown throw in the loss. Clifford had 357 yards of total offense, throwing for 238 yards on 24-of-35 passing and rushing for 119 yards – the seventh-most by a quarterback in Penn State history. Pat Freiermuth became Penn State’s career leader in touchdown receptions by a tight end with the 16th of his career to break a tie with Mike Gesicki (2014-17), scoring on the game’s opening drive and catching seven passes for 60 yards.
Penn State outgained Indiana 488-211 in total offense yards, but had issues with turnovers, penalties and the kicking game. The Lions also lost top running back Noah Cain to a season-ending leg injury. Cain appeared to injure his left leg in the first series of the game and did not return to action. Cain had only three attempts for 13 yards this season in the first game and is now the second running back to miss the season, joining Journey Brown who is out with an undisclosed medical condition.
Penn State begins its 61st season in Beaver Stadium with a seven game-winning streak in home openers, and faces a its highest-ranked home-opening opponent since hosting No. 2 Miami (Fla.) in 2001. Penn State’s all-time record in home openers is 119-13-1 and 51-9 in Beaver Stadium.
PSU’s only home opener against a Big Ten opponent was its very first Big Ten game in 1993, a 38-20 win over Minnesota. Penn State is playing its first home opener against an AP Top 25 team since 2001 and ninth all-time. Penn State is 4-4 in those games.
- Buckeyes are 10-3 ATS in their last 13 conference games.
- Nittany Lions are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a home underdog.
- Nittany Lions are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games following a ATS loss.
- Nittany Lions are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games as an underdog.
- Home team is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
College Football Betting News
- Posts not found
Penn State Nittany Lions Recent History, News & Betting Odds
We offer the latest Penn State Nittany Lions Game Odds, Nittany Lions Live Odds, This Weeks Penn State Nittany Lions team totals, spreads and lines. The latest Penn State team stats, NCAA Football Futures & Specials, including Vegas Odds the Nittany Lions Winning the College Football Playoff National Championship, Penn State NCAA Football News & other info on the Penn State Nittany Lions. So what are you waiting for Signup and Bet on the Penn State Nittany Lions Today!
- No. 3 Ohio State vs No. 18 Penn State Preview | 2020 NCAA Expert AnalysisThe clear marquee game around college football on Saturday is from the Big Ten as No. 3 Ohio State visits No. 18 Penn State. This would have been a Top-10 matchup had the Nittany Lions not lost last week. How to Bet Ohio State at Penn State NCAA Football Odds & TV Info When: Saturday, 7:30 PM ET Where: Beaver Read More
- Big Ten Football Returns This WeekBack in mid-August, the Big Ten canceled its football season for 2020 because of the coronavirus and planned to play in the winter/spring of 2021. However, that decision didn’t go over well with coaches, players, fans, even President Trump. The ACC, Big 12 and SEC started their seasons in September and finally the pressure was too much for fairly new Read More
- Journey Brown Heisman Trophy Odds & Analysis For 2020 SeasonIf the 2020 Heisman Trophy is given out to the player with the best first name, then Penn State running back Journey Brown should be the favorite. Here are two props available to wager at Mybookie on Brown’s Heisman Trophy chances and Penn State’s 2020 college football season – assuming there is one – and an overview. Journey Brown Heisman Read More
- Memphis vs Penn State 2019 Cotton Bowl Betting Spread & PreviewBowl season is drawing to a close, and while it’s sad that we are seeing the college football season come to an end in a couple of weeks, it does mean that we are getting into the bigger games. It’s easy to ignore some of the earlier bowl games, usually because they tend to feature some less than glamorous matchups, Read More
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & PickRutgers completes yet another dismal season on Saturday when the Scarlet Knights – who will have a new head coach the next time they take the field in 2020 – visit No. 10 Penn State. The Nittany Lions need a win to secure a major bowl bid. They are massive favorites on the college football lines. How to Bet Rutgers Read More
- Penn State vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 13 Odds, Preview & PickOn Saturday, the most important game in the Big Ten takes place when the 1-loss Penn State Nittany Lions face-off against undefeated Ohio State. The Buckeyes step onto Ohio Stadium’s field a -18 favorite. Will the Buckeyes lock up a spot in the Big Ten Championship with a cover win? Keep reading for the college football odds, a preview, and Read More
- Indiana vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 12 Odds, Game Info & PickFans of college football are very often quick to jump on the playoff committee every time a new set of rankings are released. Part of the problem is that we all have out own ideas about what the top 4 should look like, ideas that don’t always fall in line with what the committee believes. The harsh reality, though, is Read More
- Penn State vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 11 Lines, Analysis & PredictionA couple of undefeated Big Ten teams clash on Saturday when Penn State takes on Minnesota. The Nittany Lions are the road favorites. The Golden Gophers hope to prove to everyone that their undefeated record is no fluke. Which team gets it done? Check out the college football odds, analysis and a free pick for Penn State vs Minnesota! Penn Read More
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & PredictionGetting into the college football playoffs usually come around by having a great regular season, with nor more than a single loss, and winning a conference title. It all sounds straightforward enough, but a lot of it has to do with the conference that a team plays in, as well as the division that they find themselves in. the reality Read More
- Penn State vs Iowa 2019 College Football Week 7 Spread & Analysis
- Purdue vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 6 Lines & Expert Pick
- Kentucky vs Penn State 2019 Citrus Bowl Odds & Expert Pick
- Maryland vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 13 Odds & Prediction
- Penn State at Michigan NCAA Football Week 10 Odds & Pick
- Iowa vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 9 Betting Prediction
- Michigan State vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 7 Odds
- Kent State vs Penn State NCAA Football Week 3 Spread & Pick
- How to Bet Penn State vs Pittsburgh College Football Week 2
- Appalachian State vs Penn State 2018 Football Week 1 Spread
- Akron at Penn State College Football Week 1 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Week 10 College Football Expert Picks: Iowa At Penn State
Sports in the State of Pennsylvania
NCAA Teams | Division I
Penn State Nittany Lions Odds | 2021 NCAA Football
Penn State Nittany Lions | College Football Playoff National Championship
College Football Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest College Football Reviews
MyBookie’s software and lines are in line with other books, but they really stand out with the promotions. They are more frequent and offer better deals than their competitors. I’ll never go back to another book.
Thank you for such a great service!
I like my bookie because it’s easy to navigate and payouts are fast and easy
Response from MyBookie Online Sportsbook
Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers here at MyBookie.