Okay golf betting enthusiasts, while this year’s slate of major championships is in the history books, there are still plenty of opportunities to cash in with some winning stick wagers with the 2019-20 PGA Tour season now heading into its third event.
Justin Thomas, is the prohibitive at 6-1 odds heading into the 2019 Safeway Open, followed by Adam Scott and Patrick Cantlay at identical 11-1 odds. Hideki Matsuyama is a 14-1 pick while Bryson Dechambeau and Sungae Im are identical 25-1 picks to get the win. Also in the field are notable names like Phil Mickelson, Fred Couples, John Daly, Brandt Snedeker, Jim Furyk, Jimmy Walker, Pat Perez, Jason Dufner and Marc Leishman.
Defending champion Kevin Tway is also in the field and former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will compete on a sponsor’s exemption.
2019 Safeway Open Odds, Preview & Prediction
- When: September 26th to 29th
- Where: Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa Valley, California
- TV: Golf Channel
- Live Stream: Golf.tv
Odds to Win the 2019 Safeway Open
- Justin Thomas 6-1
- Adam Scott 11-1
- Patrick Cantlay 11-1
- Hideki Matsuyama 14-1
- Bryson DeChambeau 25-1
- Sungjae Im 25-1
- Byeong Hun An 28-1
- Francesco Molinari 33-1
- Brandt Snedeker 33-1
- Lucas Glover 40-1
- Emiliano Grillo 40-1
- Collin Morikawa 40-1
- Scott Piercy 40-1
- Chez Reavie 40-1
- Kevin Streelman 40-1
- Marc Leishman 45-1
- Kevin Na 50-1
- Abraham Ancer 66-1
- Bud Cauley 66-1
- Corey Conners 66-1
- Dylan Frittelli 66-1
- Adam Hadwin 66-1
- Charles Howell III 66-1
- Phil Mickelson 66-1
- Ryan Moore 66-1
I like Ryan More as a whopping 66-1 pick, seeing as how he finished T2 here a year ago. For that matter, I’m also going to give veteran Brandt Snedeker a realistic chance after he also finished T2 last year. An even better pick to win this year’s event might be 2016 and 2017 winner Brendan Steele, a whopping 80-1 pick right now.
While Justin Thomas is the favorite and elite golfers Adam Scott and Patrick Cantlay will likely challenge, I like a middle-of-the-pack contender here like 2015 winner Emiliano Grillo, 2015 runner-up Kevin Na.
My Pick to Win the 2019 Safeway Open
In the end, I’m going with Brendan Steele simply because he knows this course and has proven on more than one occasion that he knows how to get it done here, although he’s never faced a field this loaded in this event. History repeats itself for the third time in the last four years.
Pick: Brendan Steele
More Golf Betting News
- PGA Tour 2021 Valspar Championship Betting Odds
- Early PGA Championship Odds & Betting Preview
- PGA Tour 2021 Zurich Classic of New Orleans Betting Preview
- PGA Tour: Rundown of the 2021 RBC Heritage – Golf Betting
- 2021 RBC Heritage Expert Analysis – PGA Betting
- Sunday Live Day 4 The Masters LIVE Stream, 2021 Reddit Masters Round 4 Live Stream
- Top 5 Long Shots to Win The 2021 Masters Expert Analysis
- Top 5 Favorites to Win The 2021 Masters Expert Analysis
- 2021 Puntacana Championship Expert Analysis – PGA Betting
- The 2021 Honda Classic Expert Analysis – PGA Betting
- PGA 2021 THE PLAYERS Championship Expert Analysis
- 2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational Expert Analysis – PGA Betting
- Golf Betting News: What Will Tiger Woods Do Next?
- 2021 Puerto Rico Open Expert Analysis – PGA Betting