No matter what happens Saturday in the Civil War, No. 14 Oregon will play in the Pac-12 title game. It’s a big game for Oregon State, however, as the Beavers would qualify for their first bowl game in years with a huge upset. Oregon is nearly a three-TD favorite on the Mybookie NCAAF odds.
How to Bet Oregon State vs Oregon College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info
- When: Saturday, 4 PM ET
- Where: Autzen Stadium
- TV: Pac-12 Network
- Live Stream: Pac-12 Network Live
- Radio: SiriusXM
- College Football Week 14 Spread: Oregon -19 (Total 65.5)
Oregon State vs Oregon Last SeasonThe Ducks blew out the Beavers 55-15 last season. CJ Verdell ran for 187 yards and four touchdowns, and also caught a scoring pass. Verdell’s five touchdowns were the most for a Duck since 2012. Travis Dye ran for 199 yards and two additional touchdowns for Oregon. Star Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert threw for 102 yards and a touchdown before he appeared to injure his shoulder or upper arm on a sack and left the field on a cart. Herbert was replaced by backup Braxton Burmeister for the second half. The Beavers gave up 510 total offensive yards to the Ducks, including 392 yards rushing. OSU quarterback Jake Luton threw for 282 yards and two scores.
Saturday will be the 123rd Civil War. The first reference to the “Civil War” football game appeared in newspapers in 1929. Oregon leads the all-time series at 65-47-10. The teams have met every year since 1894 except 1900, 1901, 1943 and 1944.
Why Bet on Oregon State?OSU would get bowl eligible with a win but comes off a wild 54-53 loss at Washington State. WSU’s Max Borghi rushed for a two-yard touchdown with two seconds remaining.
Jermar Jefferson accounted for four scores on the night and led the Beavers on the ground with 132 yards and a pair of rushing touchdowns. Jefferson also had 52 yards through the air with two touchdowns including a 39-yard reception late in the contest. The sophomore scored on three consecutive drives during a three-minute span in the fourth quarter.
Sixth year quarterback Jake Luton completed 22-of-40 passes for 408 yards and five touchdowns, marking the second five-touchdown game of his career. Luton moved into third place for single-season touchdown passes with 28 and is fifth for career touchdown passes at 43. The Beavers accumulated 601 yards of total offense and outrushed the Cougars for the game 195-93.
Close GamesOSU has played back-to-back one-point games. It’s the first time OSU has played back-to-back one-point games since 1998, current head coach Jonathan Smith’s first year at quarterback. That year, the Beavers lost to Washington, 35-34, and then 20-19 to California. Oregon State has played in four games decided by three points or less, going 1-3. That’s the most games decided by three points or less since 2010, when the Beavers were 2-2.
Artavis Pierce (10th at 2,103 rushing yards) and Jefferson (12th at 1,984) both feature prominently in Oregon State’s career record books. The two are attempting to become the first pair of OSU running backs to reach 2,000 career yards in the same season.
As for this game, OSU with a victory would guarantee a winning conference record for the first time since going 6-3 in 2012. The Beavers are trying to win their fourth game away from home for the first time since the 2013 season. Oregon State is looking to win its first game in Eugene since the 2007 season.
- Points per Game: 33.09
- Passing Yards: 256.18
- Rushing Yards: 158.55
- Yards per Play: 6.03
- Points per Game: 33.27
- Passing Yards: 285.45
- Rushing Yards: 167.55
- Yards per Play: 6.10
Why Bet on Oregon?Oregon’s national title hopes vanished last week in a 31-28 upset loss at Arizona State, but the Ducks are still Pac-12 North champs. ASU freshman Jayden Daniels completed 22 of 32 passes for 408 yards and three touchdowns and Arizona State intercepted two of Justin Herbert’s passes in the fourth quarter. The Ducks saw their nine-game winning streak snapped. The Sun Devils held on after Oregon scored three touchdowns in a 6:38 span in the wild fourth quarter.
Oregon receiver Johnny Johnson II had a big game with 10 receptions for 207 yards and two touchdowns, but most of that didn’t come until Arizona State had ripped off 24 straight points to lead 24-7 midway through the fourth quarter. It was the seventh-most receiving yards in a game in school history and just the ninth 200-yard receiving game in school history.
Big NumbersOregon rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns, both by Cyrus Habibi-Likio. But Herbert endured a midgame stretch in which he was 1-of-7 with two interceptions, both of which the Sun Devils turned into touchdowns. Herbert finished 20-of-36 for 304 yards and two touchdowns. He set a school record for completions with 781, passing Marcus Mariota (779) and became just the second Oregon quarterback to reach 10,000 career passing yards.
In six home games (6-0) this season, Oregon has outscored its opponents 245-60 (40.8-10.0), including 127-21 in the second half. Oregon’s defense has allowed points on back-to-back drives just three times (76 drives) at home and has allowed just two TDs in 38 second half drives.
In winning 10 of the past 11 vs. Oregon State, the Ducks are averaging 47.2 points with a scoring margin of +20.7 (519-291). Over the last 11 meetings, the Ducks have scored points in 43 of 44 quarters, including a TD in 41 of those quarters.
- Points per Game: 36.91
- Passing Yards: 282.73
- Rushing Yards: 177.45
- Yards per Play: 6.57
- Points per Game: 16.27
- Passing Yards: 223.64
- Rushing Yards: 103.27
- Yards per Play: 4.72
Oregon State vs Oregon College Football Week 14 Betting Trends
- Over is 8-0 in the last 8 meetings in Oregon
- Road team is 10-2-1 ATS in their last 13 meetings
- Beavers are 2-10 SU in their last 12 games played in November
- Beavers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games this season
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Oregon State’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Oregon
- Ducks are 9-0 SU in their last 9 games at home
- Ducks are 6-3 ATS in their last 9 games played in November
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oregon’s last 5 games
Expert Final Score Prediction for Oregon State vs OregonOregon State 24 – Oregon 42
More Week 14 College Football Betting News
- Alabama vs Auburn 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Iowa State vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Pick
- Florida State vs Florida 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Preview
- Texas A&M vs LSU 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Analysis
- Rutgers vs Penn State 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Notre Dame vs Stanford 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Analysis
- Navy vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Georgia vs Georgia Tech 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Analysis
- Baylor vs Kansas 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Oregon State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Analysis
- Colorado vs Utah 2019 College Football Week 14 Betting Lines & Preview
- Ohio State vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- Boise State vs Colorado State 2019 College Football Week 14 Lines & Preview
- Appalachian State vs Troy 2019 College Football Week 14 Spread & Game Info