The NBA regular season is over, and 20 teams will now begin the process of taking a run at the championship. As you probably already know that number will quickly be reduced to 16 after the play-in tournament, which promises to be a good one given the matchups we are seeing. We will talk about all the matchups in another piece, but for now, let’s take a look at the top 10 in the final Power Rankings of the regular season so you can get ready to make your bets against their NBA Playoffs odds.
2021 NBA Playoffs Power Rankings Update
- Utah Jazz – In what has to be considered a bit of a surprise, the Utah Jazz will go into the postseason as the #1 seed in the Western Conference. They were one of just two teams to cross the 50-win mark this season, so certainly deserving of that top spot.
- Brooklyn Nets – We have yet to really see the Nets at their best, as their big three of Harden, Durant, and Irving have been unable to play together much due to injury. If they are all healthy for the playoffs, this team might be tough to stop.
- Philadelphia 76ers – There are some who will argue that the 76ers won the East by default given that the Nets had so many injury issues, but you still cannot take away the fact that they did it. This could be the dark horse team of the postseason.
- Phoenix Suns – The Suns showed signs of what was to come last season, and then added Chris Paul in the offseason. We all expected them to be better this season, but I don’t think anyone saw them winning 51 games.
- LA Clippers – The Clippers have not really been given too much attention this season, which may end up suiting them just fine. Not a lot of people are talking about them as potential champions, but they have the talent to get to the Finals. Don’t sleep on the Clippers.
- Milwaukee Bucks – Over the last two seasons, the Milwaukee Bucks have entered the postseason as the team to beat, but they failed to make an impact both times. They are not quite as feared this time around, but are still dangerous, nonetheless.
- LA Lakers – Many of us expected the defending champions to be at the top of the heap again this season, but injuries killed them. They will start in the play-in tournament, but they are also fully healthy and on a 5-game win streak. Beware the Lakers.
- Denver Nuggets – You have to give credit to a Nuggets team that somehow managed to nab the #3 spot in the West despite struggling with injuries to key players. Nikola Jokic is a potential MVP and may just carry this team in the playoffs.
- Dallas Mavericks – The Mavericks ended the season with a better winning percentage than what they delivered last year, yet there is still a sense that they underachieved. They will start in the #5 seed in the West.
- Portland Trail Blazers – Beware the team that gets healthy and goes on a solid run ahead of the playoffs, which is exactly what happened in Portland. The Trail Blazers won 10 of their last 12 games to get into the top 6 and avoid the play-in.
NBA Betting News
- Hawks vs Bucks Game 1 | Bucks Are Solid Favorites On The NBA Odds
- Clippers vs Suns Game 2 | Kawhi Leonard and Chris Paul Ruled Out
- NBA News & Rumors: Rick Carlisle Leaves the Mavericks, Zion Williamson Unhappy, What’s Next for Brooklyn
- Jazz vs Clippers Game 6 | Can the Clippers advance to the Finals?
- Philadelphia vs Atlanta Game 6 | Atlanta Best Season Ever to Reach the Finals