We are now in the final month of the NBA regular season, which means that the battle for playoff spots is now reaching fever pitch. Throughout the course of the season, we have seen several different teams sit atop the Power Rankings and given what we have seen over the past week, there are going to be more changes at the top when the new rankings arrive on Tuesday. For now, let’s take a look at the top and bottom five after Week 18 so you can continue making your bets against their NBA odds.
2021 NBA Week 19 Power Rankings Update
- Philadelphia 76ers – It has been a little surprising that it has taken the 76ers this long to hit the #1 spot after spending most of the season atop the Eastern Conference. It will be a short stay, though, as they have lost 4 straight and are now down in 2nd in the East.
- LA Clippers – While their city rivals continue to struggle, the Clippers have come to life late in the season and are on a solid run of form. They might even be in contention to be #1 in the Power Rankings this coming week after winning 4 in a row.
- Phoenix Suns – We are about to get a look at what the Suns are all about, as they will have 12 of their final 16 games of the regular season on the road. Will they continue to stay near the top of the Western Conference, or will they slide?
- Brooklyn Nets – The Nets have done a good job of hanging around as they suffer through some injury issues. They finally made it to the top of the Eastern Conference this past week and look set to have the #1 seed heading into the playoffs.
- Utah Jazz – Part of the reason why the Jazz have been able to get to the top in the West has been their ability to avoid injuries. They are starting to see some minor issues arise, which is why they are giving some of their better players some time off.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – The Timberwolves are off the bottom of the Western Conference and continuing to pick up wins, which could eventually lift them out of the bottom 5 if it continues. That is still a rather small consolation in a poor season.
- Cleveland Cavaliers – This is a team that was recently flirting with a play-in spot, but that has now gone. The Cavaliers are now on a run that has seen them win just 3 games in their last 10, which has taken them right out of the conversation.
- Houston Rockets – And just like that, the Houston Rockets now have the worst record in the NBA, picking up just 15 wins on the season. They now have just 1 win in their last 10 games and look doomed to maintain that worst record.
- Orlando Magic – While the Rockets look to be on the way to the worst record in the league, in the East, it is the Magic and the Pistons duking it out for the cellar spot. With just 1 win in their last 10 games, the Magic are making a push to land there.
- Oklahoma City Thunder – If you want to talk about a total collapse in the waning weeks of the season, you need to talk about the Oklahoma City Thunder. They are on a run that has now seen them lose 13 in a row.