It took until Week 7 of the season for it to happen, but we have a new team sitting at the top of the NBA Power Rankings. We are really now beginning to see some clear favorites emerge, although it is worth remembering that we are still in the very early stages of the season. Still. The changes on the rankings might well suggest that we are looking at a power shift in both conferences. Without further ado, let’s take a look at this week’s top and bottom 5 so you can continue making your bets against their NBA odds.
Updated NBA Power Rankings Heading to Week 7
- LA Clippers – After sitting behind their city rivals for the entire season, the Clippers have finally managed to move up and take the top spot. They have won 8 of their last 10 games, but they are still sitting in 2nd in the conference behind the Utah Jazz.
- Philadelphia 76ers – The 76ers jumped two places this week to move iwadanto the #2 spot with a 15-6 record. They are on a 3-game winning streak and have won 8 of their last 10 games to take a 2-game lead at the top of the Eastern Conference.
- LA Lakers – The defending champions slipped a couple of spots this week in both the Power Rankings and the Western Conference, where they are also occupying the #3 spot. No real cause for concern, though, as they are just a half-game out of first.
- Denver Nuggets – It was a bit of an up and down week for the Nuggets, as they lost to Dallas before heading home and bring the Utah Jazz 11-game win streak to an end in convincing fashion. Denver is currently 4th in the West, 3 ½ games out of top spot.
- Utah Jazz – It is the Western Conference who continue to dominate the top 5 spots, although the Jazz dropped a couple of places after the loss to the Nuggets over the weekend. They are still first in the Western Conference, though.
- Sacramento Kings – The Kings ended the week an 8-11 and moved up a spot in the rankings, They have won another game since then, moving them to 5-5 over their last 10 games, so might there be another upward tick coming next week?
- Orlando Magic – The Magic are very much heading in the wrong direction in the standings and the rankings and are now on a 4-game losing skid that has taken them to 8-14 on the season. Tough to imagine them digging out anytime soon.
- Detroit Pistons – With just 3 wins in their last 10 games, including back-to-back defeats, it’s no surprise that the Pistons are heading towards the bottom spot. They are up 1 place from last week, but given this ranking, that means little.
- Minnesota Timberwolves – The T-wolves are sitting dead last in the Western Conference with just 5 wins on the season. they are on a run that has seen them go 2-8 in their last 10 games, so no hope of any real turnaround in the future.
- Washington Wizards – Where else would you expect the team with the worst record in the NBA to be other than at the bottom of the Power Rankings? Just 4 wins on the season for the Wizards and just 2 in their last 10.
NBA Betting News
- 2021 NBA All Star Game Expert Analysis
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Chicago Bulls: 3/3/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Washington Wizards: 3/2/2021 NBA Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Jazz vs. Philadelphia 76ers: 3/3/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- NBA Must Bet Games for 11 Week of the 2020-21 Season